Salary: £33,881.96 + great bonus & benefits package
Shift hours: Full Time
Our UK Healthcare segment have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Supervisor to join our talented and hardworking technical team based at Royal Stoke University Hospital.
Sodexo Healthcare work by the side of healthcare organisations in both the public health (NHS Trusts) and private healthcare sector, using science, technology and global experience to enable human-centred care.
The focus of this role will be supporting the Senior Management team in the safe operation and maintenance of all plant, equipment and installations within the hospital estate. You must be qualified, have substantial experience in the trade, possess great problem solving as well as people management skills. You would be dealing with the day-to-day Planned Preventative Maintenance activities, breakdowns, manage a team as well as get involved with audits, lifecycle projects and new installations.
You don’t just join Sodexo, you belong
Join Sodexo and you become part of a worldwide, extended family. Team spirit is strong and encourages people to stay long-term. You can bring your whole self to work every day and we cant wait for you to join the team!
- The safe operation and maintenance of all plant and equipment within the PFI Hospital site.
- Undertake Authorised Person and or Competent Person responsibilities in relation to specified systems.
- Fully competent (AP Appointed) in the fault diagnosis, repair and testing of Medical devices
- Fully competent (AP Appointed) in the fault diagnosis, repair and testing of PSSR regulated equipment
- Carry out Planned Maintenance of mechanical plant
- Test equipment calibration and sources of error.
- Interpretation of Steam quality results in accordance to BG04.
- Comparison and utilisation of technical documents as issued by the Department of Health.
- Supporting the Engineering Management team to ensure contractual response and rectification times are met. Producing required support documentation reports to meet contractual requirements.
- Contributing to the commercial management of the operational element of the contract, including management of the Performance Monitoring systems and to ensure Contract and Commercial Compliance. Monitoring contractual response and rectification times to ensure compliance and avoidance of service failure and penalties
- Act when there are failures in compliance or initiatives and investigate the reasons behind these and address to build and develop performance.
- Ensure a cost-effective delivery of a Planned Preventative Maintenance Service.
- The management of a reactive maintenance service during both normal operating hours and outside operating hours of the hospital.
- Maintain formal and informal communication with Trust managers related to services activities/ working group. Develop good working relationships with clinical and non-clinical staff at all levels
- Use of IT systems to include the CAFM and BMS systems to provide, monitor and report data within the Quality Assurance and other management reporting systems.
- Delivery of service specific on the job training for employees within the Hard FM function.
- Provide technical engineering advice and support for the maintenance of equipment, fabric and utility services for the PFI estate
- Ability to effect fault diagnosis on plant and equipment of a more complex nature.
- The management of a team who will ensure the safe operation of all plant and equipment on the hospital site in line with the Project Agreement.
- Provision of advice to the Engineering Manager for engineering materials procurement.
- Management of workshop operation and activities for M&E craftsmen.
- Ensuring a safe working environment and safe systems of work are followed.
- Completion of C+G/Btec or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, recognized mechanical apprenticeship, time served
- Proven substantial experience within mechanical trade
- Confident capable engineer able to assess situations
- Skilled in the hands-on repair of all plant and equipment, having the ability to fault find, read drawings, diagnose and repair using their technical knowledge on equipment.
- Able to demonstrate an aptitude for problem solving using a logical approach
- Confident and logical under pressure but must understand urgency and respond accordingly
- Prepared to work a standby rota
- Attend external and internal courses as required
- Good understanding of Health and Safety at Work regulations.
- Reporting writing skills.
- Must be computer literate preferably with knowledge of building management systems
- Must be able to demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills with good level of mathematical skills
- Experience in Mechanical Engineering maintenance
- Previous experience within a Health Service context
- Demonstrating maturity in working with multi-discipline trade groups
- Any specialist knowledge relevant to the health care environment.
- Experience using CAFM systems
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, England