Energise your career, accelerate a net-zero future – #RenewablesJobs
At EDF Renewables our purpose is to accelerate a net-zero future where clean energy powers our lives. Our people are passionate about developing the low-carbon energy systems of the future and acting against climate change.
Competitive: Salary & Benefits
Contract Type: Full Time – Permanent
Closing Date: 28th March 2023
What’s the scope of the role?
Your role as Mechanical and Structural Lead will be to demonstrate an ability to lead and add value to opportunities in a highly competitive and changing marketplace while ensuring appropriate Engineering and Quality standards are maintained. With the support of the Principal Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for planning, co-ordinating and prioritising Mechanical and Structural Engineering resource in support of the EDF Renewables business.
You will develop and maintain relationships across EDF Renewables in the UK, and the wider EDF Group in the UK and internationally. In addition, they will develop and maintain external relationships with our supply chain, Industry bodies, technical standards organisations, academia/research bodies, and wider network in order to enhance, promote, and protect our activity and brand.
You will contribute to a strong, collaborative and positive working culture among the Engineering Team, and for delivering the full potential of synergies and efficiencies with the wider business.
What you’ll be doing day to day
You will build a skilled, high performing, and motivated Mechanical and Structural team, with an open and positive working environment, and a culture of excellence, collaboration and trust consistently working to promote zero harm in addition to the following;
- Provide Mechanical and Structural Engineering support to the business during periods of high risk and urgency.
- Provide Mechanical and Structural technical direction and support to establish a temporary or permanent corrective action plan, and support root cause analysis and solution development when required.
- Ensure all Mechanical and Structural Engineering assessments, advice and recommendations are fully documented in accordance with all internal procedures, and sufficient technical and commercial due diligence (whether internal or external) exist to support those business decisions.
- Responsible for ensuring Mechanical and Structural risks are identified, captured, recorded and addressed appropriately, providing technical expertise and guidance to ensure risk level is ALARP.
- Ensure that Mechanical and Structural lifetime costs are optimised during the origination, design, and construction of EDF Renewable assets.
- Ensure decommissioning and/or end of life of Mechanical and Structural components are considered during the design and construction phases of projects.
- Support the use and maintenance of the training and competency matrix.
- Actively engage in internal lead teams and committees and build a strong support network with the wider EDF business.
- Represent EDF Renewables in external meetings, industry bodies, tradeshows and conventions.
What do you need to be great at this role?
You will be a proven leader successful in delivering projects/programmes, establishing/managing relationships, securing and maintaining a safe environment, managing priorities, and inspiring and influencing behaviours and actions.
- Strong commitment to safety, health, environment and quality.
- Minimum of an engineering degree in a relevant engineering discipline. Chartered membership of an appropriate body would be an advantage.
- NEBOSH or IOSH (or equivalent) is desirable.
- GWO Working at Height is desirable, but not essential.
- Knowledge in the application of both Wind Turbine and High Voltage Safety Rules.
- Highly proficient in key areas of engineering in the renewables environment.
- Specialist in at least one engineering discipline (preferably Mechanical, Structural or Composites) within the renewable energy sector.
- Strong experience of managing risks and challenges in a renewables environment.
- Excellent at building successful relationships with external partners, peers, stakeholders and reporting line.
- Good command of Microsoft Office package (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, etc.).
- Flexible to travel around the UK and overseas as the role requires.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
- Excellent (English) oral and written communication skills.
Rewards, benefits & culture.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a market-leading company pension scheme, paid holidays with ability to buy additional holiday and a range of flexible benefits, such as: a company incentive bonus plan, health cover, cycle to work scheme, electric vehicle scheme, gym membership, discounts and employee pricing.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
Why EDF Renewables?
EDF Renewables purpose is to accelerate a net zero future where clean energy powers our lives. We want to make the net zero future happen as fast as we can. We want to set the pace and, where necessary, disrupt the status quo and transform perceptions. We are here to combat climate change and this is a clear and tangible goal for us. Climate change is what galvanises us to bring the right solutions to the UK and Ireland.
Our mission is critical in the pursuit of our purpose, we will lead the way in the delivery and operation of renewable technologies. We are proud to utilise fully our EDF heritage and place ourselves at the core of the industry.
We are constantly challenging ourselves to improve the way things are being done. We bring leadership to our interactions and collaborations with one another, how we influence our partners and external bodies, how we use technology.
The success of our mission and purpose is underpinned by our core values – our DNA:
Together: Working together.
Open: We are open and authentic in our behaviours.
Passion: We have a strong belief in what we are doing.
Growth: Growth as a company and as individuals.
Resolve: We remain determined even in challenging environments.