Hinkley Point C, Bridgwater
Are you an experienced engineer with excellent communication skills? Are you looking for a new opportunity on a dynamic and fast-paced project, where you can really make a difference?
If so – we have the role for you!
At Hinkley Point C (HPC), we are building two new nuclear reactors, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK, that will provide low carbon electricity for around six million homes.
As a Surveillance Programme Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting HPC operational strategy and documentation, for the delivery of the Surveillance Programmes as part of the operational station.
You will produce the organisational processes, as well as assist in the shaping and development of the strategies required to ensure Examination, Maintenance, Inspection and Testing routines are developed and implemented.
Your role will include analysis of technical documentation from the designer, such as technical drawings, specifications, and testing instructions, and also liaising with a wide range of stakeholders from across the organisation.
Pay, benefits and culture…
Alongside a starting salary from £50,000 (negotiable depending on experience), we offer an excellent benefits package, including a company pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing…
- Conducting technical analysis of plant components and equipment.
- Conducting analysis of technical documentation.
- Conducting authorship of station documentation
- Assisting in the development of the Surveillance Programme requirements for the operational station.
- Conducting scheduling activities for the output of the Surveillance programmes.
- Maintaining interfaces and develop relationships (technical & functional) with other HPC departments, EPR Family Stations, and EDF Energy’s existing Nuclear Business.
- Researching operating experience from the wider industries applicable to the HPC project and promote its use and application to make HPC a World Class performer.
Who you are…
Your background may include some of the following:
- Educated to degree level in relevant engineering discipline.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Experience of document production
- Experience of mechanical/electrical/C&I plant systems.
- Ability to develop and follow procedures.
- Ability to develop work plans and deliver them safely and efficiently.
- Experience of working in a project environment.
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of suppliers and customers (UK based and international).
Closing Date: 3rd December 2023.
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.