At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Electrician to join our friendly team based in Birmingham, with some occasional travel around the Midlands.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
In the role of Maintenance Electrician, you will be responsible for:
- Engaging in preventative and reactive maintenance across site and working in close unison with machine setters to optimise production output
- Completing all maintenance inspections (PPM’S) and routines as scheduled
- Prioritise planned and unplanned maintenance activities to maximise the machine Availability loss within OEE
- Working collaboratively with operational personnel to maximise machine throughput and reliability
- Using recognised fault diagnosis techniques to determine root cause and affect a sustained countermeasure to eliminate repeat failures – Plan, Do, Check, Act
- Analysing KPI data to optimise performance and reliability through the implementation of robust improvement processes
- Completing all documentation relating to safety, performance, availability and quality requirements within nominated timescales
- Managing spares inventory to ensure availability and suggest/implement improvements to the stock management process
- Willingness to work alongside other Maintenance Functions in order to keep Production Facilities in excellent condition. Some other minor non-electrical maintenance will be required occasionally
The ideal candidate for the role of Maintenance Electrician will have experience of:
- Experience as an electrical/multi-skilled engineering maintenance electrician working on 3 phase systems
- Minimum Level III qualification (NVQ/BTEC/C&G)
- Relevant mechanical qualification
- Experience and understanding of Control systems PLC i/o (Siemens S5/S7, Allen Bradley etc)
- Experience in a high-volume, automated environment and a multi site maintenance role
- Proficient in the use of RCA processes and the implementation of robust countermeasures
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/39518/3868