Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for an Machine Operative to join our friendly team on a permanent basis based in Crown Farm Bagging Plant.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting in to our Site Manager, the successful Machine Operative, will be responsible for undertaking all site duties safely, understanding CRH and SHE safety, production target adherence, machine maintenance / setting and housekeeping within the Production area.
You will take responsibility for:
- Meeting daily production target requirements.
- Reporting of data for quality purposes.
- Moving product from the plant using mobile plant (once assessed and / or trained accordingly)
- Meeting customer service and quality requirements
- Continuous improvement of performance standards
- Continuous improvement towards plant standards and efficient production methods
- Maintaining good housekeeping standards at all times
As our ideal Production operative, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a similar production environment. You will also:
- Possess good communication skills and be numerate
- Ideally, hold a mobile plant licence for diesel counterbalance forklift truck
- Be a good team player
- Have experience of machine operation / machine running / machine setting
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Location: Northwich, Cheshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/117/1743