Salary: £10.25 – £10.25
Shift hours: Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Chef to join us in leading our team to provide an excellent catering service at the Emirates Gatwick Lounge
This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in managing catering operations of a similar scale
- Strong cooking abilities in a commercial setting
- Prior experience of school catering is advantageous
- Good commercial acumen with the ability to carefully control costs and maintain profit margins whilst delivering a high standard of service
- Experience of leading and training a high-performing team
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- To plan, supervise, deliver and present the food and beverages as per the Emirates Lounge specification. Supervise, guide and coach the assigned staff to ensure an efficient operation of the Emirates Lounge.
- Interact with customers by explaining the food and beverages on offer. Gauge needs and make recommendations to meet the exact needs of the Emirates premium customers.
- Ensure that all customers are afforded a highest quality of service through continuous improvement to product and services. Constantly seek customer feedback and opportunities to develop the lounge product and communicate such in a concise manner to Emirates personnel.
- Responsible for the presentation of all food and beverage, ensuring quality, quantity are consistently monitored, maintained and display is as per set specification.
- Where possible follow food ratio guidelines set out by Emirates are followed.
- Ensure buffet and stock levels of all food and beverage items are properly maintained and replenished regularly as required and in accordance with food and safety standards. Control and monitor hygiene standards as per HACCAP.
- Provide training and guidance to service staff on the presentation and display of food.
- Ensure personal and food hygiene, as well as housekeeping standards in the lounge food services areas and kitchen are adhered to, as per company policy.
- Ensure all food orders are completed daily to ensure sufficient supplies of food stocks and at all times.
- Ensure that at the end of each service the kitchen is cleaned down and ready for the following shift.
- Ensure that back of house is kept clean and tidy at all times, including fridge and freezers and other store areas.
- Ensure that all products stored or displayed are date coded, stock rotated and labelled correctly using the shelf life rule.
- Ensure that sufficient preparation is completed for the following shift.
- Interact with Lounge customers to gain feedback on service and product. Communicate finding to Lounge Supervisor / Lounge Manager / Emirates staff in a timely manner. Liaise with Sodexo and Emirates Lounge team for any irregularities and other important information that impact the lounge operations. Communicate product, service and customer issues to Sodexo and Emirates staff, so that corrective action can be taken in a timely manner.
- To dress accordingly to the standards and guidelines advised, and wear the supplied uniform garments at all times when on duty.
- To only use products and equipment supplied and specifically for the job.
- Ensure that all H&S & F&S documentation for example cleaning schedules and temperature records are signed off daily once all tasks have been completed.
- Comply with all legal and company procedures relating to food safety, health and safety and personal hygiene.
- Sign in and out when on shift to ensure hours worked are paid correctly. Follow the shift’s rosta.
- Attend training sessions and staff meetings as requested.
- Chef experience
- Kitchen experience
- Highly motivated
- Attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Lounge experience
Contextual or other information
Flight delays may occur from time to time therefore the requirement to be flexible is essential.
This Job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for a Lounge Chef and the range of roles, responsibilities and duties to be undertaken.
It does not attempt to detail every activity. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder at regular intervals. You will be required at times to perform any other reasonable request as requested by your Line Supervisor / Manager.
Location: Gatwick Airport – Emirates LGW, England