Salary: £37,326 – £41,019 per annum, plus Essential Car User Allowance of £4,101 per annum
Shift Hours: Permanent
Local Delivery Maintenance Team Leader
Agile Hybrid Homeworking (Office Location – Kings Lynn, role involves travel around Norfolk and Suffolk)
Full Time, 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday
£37,326 – £41,019 per annum, plus Essential Car User Allowance of £4,101 per year
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Local Delivery Maintenance Team Leader
to join our team in the West of Norfolk, the role involves working closely with the Senior Local Delivery Manager and the Local Delivery Team Leader to manage and lead the Local Delivery Team in providing frontline services such as responsive maintenance, neighbourhood services, tenancy management and support and tenant involvement activities.
This role will:
- Takes a lead for delivering responsive maintenance services to tenants’ homes and maintenance to our empty properties (voids) within our KPIs
- Effectively manage tenant enquiries, complaints and incidents that occur i.e fire/flood that are critical to the business
- Supports and works closely with the Local Delivery Manager to ensure that the area operations team delivers its functions at or above agreed performance targets.
- Motivates employees to deliver excellent services and support to each other.
- Supports and promotes tenant engagement activities within your area, in conjunction with the Communication and Tenant Participation team
- Work on your own initiative and be pro-active by looking at increasing output and looking for efficiencies.
- Line Manager responsibility of the key functions within the Operational Team
For full details on the role, please see the job description.
The successful candidate will have
- A good knowledge of the general building/construction industry and it would be advantageous to have HNC or similar qualification.
- Managerial experience in repairs and maintenance with in-house delivery, ideally within social housing.
- Will have knowledge and understanding of compliance requirements for repairs and maintenance
- Experience coordinating or managing projects and improving team processes and procedures.
- Experience of trades from a repairs background that is keen to take the next step in their career.
Candidates will have strong numerical and communication skills, be effective at communicating at all levels, including large groups and senior management and be digitally/IT competent.
Please note, a driving license is essential for the role and the successful candidate will required to undertake a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Broadland Housing Association offers more than 5,000 quality homes across Norfolk and North Suffolk believing that everyone deserves a home that meets their needs; we offer a caring, effective and high-quality service that is fair to everyone. We are one of the top 25 Housing Associations to work for in the UK and feature in the top 75 organisations to work for in the East of England.
Broadland Housing Association provides our team with the digital tools to work from home as well as a supportive and flexible understanding of the challenges this presents. We are now a Hybrid Homeworking employer – with a 60/40 split (60% home/up to 40% office – if required). As the role require attendance at Broadland premises candidates must live within a 75-minute commute of their office location (Kings Lynn (PE30 5PR). Full details can be discussed at the interview process.
We also offer staff many other great benefits such as enhanced annual leave, generous contributory pension scheme and access to an Employee Assistance Programme to support you when you need it.
For full details or to apply, please visit our website: https://www.broadlandgroup.org/about-us/work-for-us/current-vacancies/ or contact our recruitment line on 01603 750109 and leave a message or email email@example.com and we will get back to you.
Closing date: Monday 14 November 2022.
Interviews will take place face to face.
Previous applicants need not apply.