Salary: £9.60 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
As one of our Lifeguards, you will ensure that the customers are happy and safe. You will also assist the pool manager with sports activities and activity storage.
You’ll be working in a team full of fantastic people as a Lifeguard. After all, who doesn’t dream about coming into work, doing what they love, and spending time with friends?
- To comply with the Pool Operating Procedures at all times
- To assist the Pool Manager in maintaining sports activity, activity areas and stores in a clean, safe and tidy manner.
- To comply with the pools Health & safety procedures at all times.
- To check the safety of equipment in areas of responsibility and report any damage or malfunction of equipment, plant, or building fabric to the Pool Manager immediately after discovery.
- To ensure that a consistently high level of cleanliness and hygiene is maintained throughout the facility at all times.
- Attend regular lifeguard training sessions to ensure ongoing personal development and compliance of the requirements of the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- Perform inspection of pool safety equipment including rescue aids and alarms in accordance with the operating procedures.
- To ensure that all pool equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- Skill in the application of life guarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
- Commitment to team working and respect and consideration for the skills of others.
- Excellent communication skills when dealing with customers.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.