If you are a passionate worker who is prepared to work hard to achieve a qualification – then why not join the growing team at Nottingham City Homes as an apprentice?
Learning and development practitioner Apprentice x 1
Salary: National Minimum Wage age related – £5.28-£10.42 per hour (April 2023 rates)
Duration: 22 months
Location: Loxley House, Station Street and/or Harvey Road, Bilborough, Nottingham
We have created an exciting new Learning and development practitioner apprentice position within Nottingham city homes. The successful candidate will gain an insight into the industry by undertaking a Level 3 Leaning and development practitioner apprenticeship whilst carrying out learning and development work for the organisation.
As a Learning and development apprentice you will;
- Be committed to attend college to obtain the Learning and development practitioner level 3 apprenticeship.
- Provide excellent standards of customer care to our diverse base of tenants and leaseholders
- Use systems, equipment, and technology to meet the needs of our customers
- Provide specialist and general advice on services under the supervision of an experienced mentor
- To produce reports, schedules, correspondence, updating customer records and other information as required
- Have the ability to work effectively under pressure and organise and prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- Be customer focused and show a desire to deliver excellent customer service mand training to our service users.
- Provide a high quality service and training to customers which will be delivered from the workplace, digitally, or through going out into the customer’s own locality.
- Dealing with orders, payments, offering advice, guidance and support, meet-and-greet, sales, fixing problems, after care, service recovery or gaining insight through measuring customer satisfaction.
- Your customer interactions may cover a wide range of situations and can include; face-to-face, telephone, post, email, text and social media.
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate commitment to learning new skills, who can use their initiative in challenging situations and who can communicate with colleagues and customers alike.
Closing date: Applications will close on Monday 6 March 2023 at midnight. Please note this role may close earlier based on the volume of suitable applications.
Nottingham City Homes are moving back into the direct management of Nottingham City Council as of 1 April 2023, therefore successful candidates will be Nottingham City Council employees.
Frequently asked questions:
How old do I need to be to apply?
You will need to be a minimum of 16 years. There is no upper limit.
When will my apprenticeship start?
You will need to be available to commence your apprenticeship around May 2023.
- You need to live within the Nottingham City boundary to be considered for this opportunity; however applicants with a disability or those who are from a care background are not subject to these restrictions
- No qualifications are required to apply for this position.
- You will need to pass our assessments in Maths/English and ICT
- You will need to be able to provide evidence of maths and English qualifications on request or be willing to undertake Maths and English qualifications alongside your apprenticeship
How do I apply?
When completing the application form you will be required to upload a CV and a personal statement of no more than 500 words outlining ‘why you would make a great Learning and development practitioner Apprentice.
*By submitting your application you agree to the information within your application being shared with our college partners for the purpose of functional skills assessments. Please read our privacy statement attached. *
What will be the next steps?
Candidates successful at the first stage of our shortlisting process will be invited to complete functional skills assessments. Therefore, you will need to be able to complete these by visiting one of our training partners on 27th March 2023.
Interview date: Successful candidates will then be invited to attend a panel interview at our NCH offices, these are expected to take place 11th April 2023 but this is subject to change.
We welcome applications from all sections of our diverse community. Nottingham City Homes is a Disability Confident employer