Hinkley Point C.
Join EDF as a Lead Safety Advisor, and you’ll join one of the most exciting and challenging projects within EDF, as we continue to lead the rebirth of nuclear in the UK.
As the Principal Contractor Area Safety Lead, you will work in conjunction with your respective HPC Programme Construction Delivery Lead providing the highest standard of health and safety support and guidance.
In addition to the responsibility to provide day to day technical support on all programme health and safety related matters, you’ll operate successfully by providing solutions, support, and guidance to enable the creation and implementation of best-in-class programme health and safety strategies and plans.
You will work in collaboration with the Tier 1 health and safety teams establishing H&S risk management and high impact promotion programmes which enable demonstrable compliance with the NNB HPC Safety Management System contributing to the ambition of zero harm across the programme and the HPC Project.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of building one of the largest, most complex projects in Europe; something vital to the country’s future energy needs.
Pay, benefits and culture…
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a benefits package, including a company pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing…
• Participating in creating, maintaining, and improving health and safety performance in the control of risks across all programme operations.
• Coordinating work activities of the NNB safety advisors assigned to the MDT ensuring all MDT delivery teams receive the highest standard of health and safety support and guidance.
• Establishing and maintaining the required programme meetings, forums and engagements which plan, manage, monitor, coordinate and review health and safety in accordance with the HPC Safety Management System and CPP requirements.
• Producing relevant and appropriate health and safety performance reports ensuring all performance data is provided to the NNB Site Safety Manager in accordance with agreed timeframes, including the identification of trends and early warnings of possible issues, recommending appropriate action.
• Positively engaging with and influencing the programme Multi-Disciplinary team on all health and safety issues relating to pre-construction and construction planning & project(s) evolution advising on constructability, maintainability and operability matters
• Establishing and maintaining programme and project-based health and safety risk profiles and undertaking associated risk-based inspections and other assurance activities
• Providing assurance on compliance with applicable legal duties including the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 to the HPC Programme Construction Delivery Lead and HPC Programme Manager.
• Carrying out multiple H&S engagements include inspections, event investigations, and behavioural safety conversations with construction contractors on site.
• Being an effective and participative member of a team of health, safety and environmental professionals.
Who you are…
Your background may include some of the following:
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop wide network and working relationships within EDF and the construction industry.
• Highly skilled in the analysis of technically demanding and detailed information and quickly identify the underlying issues and risks.
• Strong capacity to be future focused in identifying risks and implications. Strong communication skills to be able to put across complex concepts and data in a way that is readily understood and actionable, using a variety of media.
• Excellent knowledge CDM Regulations and of national and international HSE standards.
• Proven track record of achieving excellent safety results on major engineering and construction projects.
• Significant HSE experience including running a HSE group within a large project environment.
• Significant management experience in successfully influencing and engaging senior business leaders and supporting project teams.
• Significant experience in creating and implementing large scale health and safety strategies across complex and high-risk operations.
• Chartered membership of IOSH or equivalent.
• NEBOSH HSE Diploma or European equivalent.
Closing date: 30th May 2023
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.