Salary: £9.36 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
Are you looking for a new challenge? For a rewarding job where you have the opportunity to make a real difference? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a Kitchen Porter to join the Medirest Family. We are looking for a new member to join our highly dedicated Kitchen Porter team, who deliver outstanding customer services for patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
- Assist in the kitchen area by collecting and washing pots, pans, plates and cutlery
- Assist in preparation of hospitality as required
- Assist in basic food production as required
- Ensure all pots, pans, plates and cutlery are back in use as quickly as possible
- Clean and sanitise kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls
- Receive all stock, store and check for quality and quantity; ensuring that all stock is dated and rotated
- Be flexible in all other duties and areas in response to the business/customer/management needs
- To possess good verbal and written communication skills in order to liaise with a wide range of staff and visitors to the department.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- It doesn’t matter if you’ve never worked as a Porter before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do with a willingness to learn and go the extra mile for our patients.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.