Salary: £10 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
We’re currently recruiting a dedicated Kitchen /Dining Room Assistant to help ensure the smooth running of the operations in Chartwells on a part time basis, contracted to 10 hours per week.
As a Kitchen /Dining Room Assistant, you will use your skills to maintain a high standard of quality work. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you bring your spark to Chartwells? Here’s what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Food preparation is limited to occasional veg prep
- Prepare and provide refreshments and a hot and cold food service.
- Washing up is required dependent on shift
- Ensuring all areas are always kept clean and tidy to promote a safe working environment.
- Disposal of waste.
Our ideal Kitchen /Dining Room Assistant will:
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Passionate about care, with the ability to communicate effectively
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a care home environment
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Chartwells is the leading provider of catering and support services to the education sector. For over a quarter of a century, Chartwells has been focusing on helping those in education to build strong bodies, sharp minds and lead long healthy lives. Every week, Chartwells serves millions of nutritious and delicious meals to pupils and students in primary and secondary schools, academies, independent schools, colleges, and universities across the UK. Chartwells is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all employees to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to successfully completing pre-employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure and a Children’s Barred List check. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and we ask applicants to declare all previous convictions and cautions in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Job Reference: com/1612/40469001/52504898/WJ
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.