Location: Saint Martin's Lane, London,
Searcys have an incredible new restaurant opening in the world famous National Portrait Gallery this year and are looking for a creative and passionate Junior Sous Chef to join the team.
As a Junior Sous Chef in this venue you will get a chance to create the finest of quality dishes alongside the Sous Chef and deliver high end culinary experiences for our guests. You will have a structured team, that you will work closely with to deliver lunch, dinner, afternoon tea and tailored events ranging from fine dining, canape functions.
As a Junior Sous Chef you will receive the following industry leading benefits:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 38 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue
- Culinary development programme
- Chef incentive days
- Chef Whites and shoes provided
Job Type: Full Time
- To provide food/service to a consistent high standard, including assisting senior chefs in other different areas throughout the business.
- To manage the kitchen brigade in the absence of the Head Chef in both the production kitchen and in event kitchens
- To assist training of junior staff
- To liaise with key people in the team in order to plan for the provision of food in all areas
- To place order directly with suppliers.
- To ensure smooth running of daily operations which include ensuring no disruption to the pre agreed menu offer.
- Responsible to manage stock levels of that specific area including ordering when required as well as waste control.
- Ensure the presentation of the food is consistent with the standards set by senior chefs.
- To comply with all legal requirements with particular reference to (but not exclusively) fire regulations, security, licence requirements and any Local Authority or Client stipulations.
- To ensure all Health, Hygiene and Safety requirements are being adhered to
- As described in the Searcy Health & Safety Policy, including best practices to ensure personal hygiene at all times.
- Demonstrate Personal Development.
- Any other reasonable request by the Senior Management.
- Minimum 2 years experience in people management
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes the initiative
- Excellent time management
- Supportive / Team player
- Demonstrate high level of organisation.
- Excellent record keeping.
- To be willing to work the hours and the needs of the business
- To be able to work under pressure and to cope with any unforeseen circumstances i.e. function changes, requirements, sickness, etc.
- To have a positive and co-operative attitude.