A superb role within the Finance function at Card Factory, market leader in Cards and Gifts In this role, you will work closely with the retail partnerships team (a priority growth area of the business) as their data analyst. This would comprise supporting the team with the financial reporting of performance, as well as other areas of financial analysis (proposal support, budgeting, periodic performance reviews etc.) enabling colleagues to make informed business decisions and providing our customers with the data they require. Once settled into the role, you would also have the opportunity to pursue a professional qualification with the support (financial and otherwise) of Card Factory.
A. Reporting You will be responsible for developing our existing reporting capabilities, handling specific requests from key stakeholders, whilst also having the opportunity to identify and introduce improvements.
B. Financial analysis You will support the finance business partner with financial analysis requirements (e.g. new business appraisals, budgeting and contract performance reviews).
C. Supporting the transition to Power BI You will support the business with the migration of Retail Partnership reporting to Power BI. This will include planning for the transition and testing process / integration.
- Strong academics including an undergraduate degree (2:1 or better) in a relevant area (e.g. data analysis)
- Excellent analytical and Microsoft Excel skills, and a desire to proactively adopt and use business insight platforms such as Power BI.
- Proactive and takes pride in output / robustness of financial analysis
- Passionate about being part of a culture where continuous improvement is delivered
- The tenacity to work through details and deliver rigorous and meaningful insight
- Ability to illustrate agility in flexing work plan according to priorities and deadlines
- Intellectual curiosity to understand the financial and non-financial drivers of the business
- Desire to personally and professionally develop through personal development programmes and a professional accounting qualification (optional and subject to discussion