Shift hours: Permanent
Foodbuy is a leading food procurement organisation based in the UK. With over £1bn of managed spend, we bring together the widest range of foodservice and hospitality clients on the planet to buy food, and everything associated with it. We work closely with our clients to deliver expert procurement services saving them both time and money and enabling them to focus on what really matters to their businesses.
Foodbuy were awarded the contract to procure food for the NHS in 2018 and we now have a dedicated team in place to focus on public sector procurement and delivering the requirements and ultimately savings for the NHS
Purchasing food for over 150 NHS Trusts across England is no mean feat, which is why we need someone to help us succeed. We have a great opportunity for a Junior Buyer to join the NHS Supply Chain Food Governance & Compliance team. The role is integral to the future development of our capability, and therefore critical to our success.
As a Junior Buyer in the G&C team you will be supported by the entire team in the continued assurance that data owned and submitted by the NHS Supply Chain Sourcing team continues to meet the defined standards and is accurately reflected in central systems, in addition you will support the Governance & Compliance team in improving the quality of their data which is a key enabler for how we can drive value into the NHS.
You will be passionate about your role and motivated to ensure that we deliver value to our client, internal and external stakeholders.
You will be accountable for all admin support for the Governance & Compliance team and appropriate use of various procurement systems to support the team, such as tendering platforms,
Ensure all activities (where applicable) within your remit are performed in line with the Public Contract Regulations 2015.
You will be responsible for the creation and completion of various templates for our procurement portals, the publication of procurements to the market, monitoring of our messaging centre, production of Framework Agreements and monitoring their return, collation of various pieces of data to feed into our Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and subsequent submission to our client.
You will be a great communicator who will be able to develop strong relationships with all stakeholders and be able to work cross functionally to ensure we deliver for our client.
In return, we offer each individual clearly defined career pathways, L&D programmes and progression opportunities to support you in your long-term career aspirations.
- Administration experience
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with a number of data platforms and systems
- Accountability for results – passionate about results and delivery
- Self-motivated, organised and efficient
- Flexible and agile, and can deal with changing priorities
- Have the ability to work in a highly compliant environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with multi-level stakeholders
- Ability to address obstacles in a positive manner
- Ability to analyse and evaluate requirements and feedback recommendations to stakeholders
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel & Power Point and Management Information Systems
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Comfortable working in a pressurised, deadline driven environment
- Experience with Jaggaer or other procurement platforms
- MS Excel, MS Word and Powerpoint competency
- Cognos competency
- Awareness of Public Sector procurement
- Experience in the food industry
- Project plan experience