Salary: Depending on experience and qualifications
Shift hours: Full Time
- We are seeking a qualified and experienced HVAC engineer to join our team to provide technical expertise across our contract based in Rochester.
- In this role you will support our client’s site with regard to both planned and reactive maintenance to a high standard whilst ensuring high levels of compliance and Health & Safety.
- NB: Please note that site security clearance will be required to undertake this position
- Carry out a wide range of repair and maintenance works to ventilation and air conditioning systems across site in accordance with current statutory requirements and in line with site KPI’s.
- Inspect HVAC systems and their components for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventative maintenance
- Assist with the management of technical services suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Provide accurate records of maintenance times and materials used for repairs onsite to ensure site compliance.
- Keep line manager informed of ongoing repairs, diagnosis of faults and material requirements
- Operation of building management system (BMS) for fault diagnosis
- Carry out other reasonable tasks within competencies as directed by management in order to meet the operation requirements of the business.
- The candidate must be highly experienced, time served (apprenticeship) or equivalent, City & Guilds/NVQ Level 3 Heating and Ventilation
- Experience of and proven ability in fault diagnosis
- Candidates should have a pro-active attitude and be flexible in relation to duties and working hours.
- Demonstratable and strong organisational, planning skills and the ability to prioritise and manage their time effectively
- Confident and logical under pressure but must understand urgency and respond accordingly
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Able to work effectively without supervision and rebound from setbacks and adversity when faced with difficult situations
- To communicate effectively and timely is seen as essential and have the ability to contribute to create new and better ways for the organisation to be successful
- IT & systems literate, use of IT systems to provide/monitor data within the Quality Assurance and other management reporting systems.
- Good written and verbal skills
Location: Rochester, Kent, England