Location: Lambourn Road, Newbury,
Salary: Up to £35,000 (Annual .)
Portico is defined by our unique culture – One that rewards hard work and commitment, empowers people to grow, with the belief that work should be fun and engaging!
Our family is made up of all kinds of people. We embrace diversity and believe in treating everyone equally to ensure that everyone has the same opportunities to grow, develop and progress in their careers.
We are currently recruiting for an exciting generalist HR Manager role in a well-respected & growing Restaurant group.
This is a hands-on role where you will be the main point of contact for all day-to-day HR related queries within the business. You will be utilising your expertise in HR and employee relations to improve the processes of the full employee lifecycle. Leading by example, you will support the location management team with setting the cultural tone of the business by promoting and instilling the company values and a collaborative way of working.
The Key areas of responsibilities for the role are: –
Employee Relations – Supporting the Management team in relevant people activities such as disciplinaries, grievances and attendance related matters, ensuring that employment policies and practices comply with relevant employment regulations. As well as supporting team pay reviews and championing all paperwork and process related to the employee lifecycle.
Recruitment & Selection – Taking accountability for the recruitment across the restaurant group, supporting the location managers in all recruitment activities from sourcing and selection, through to onboarding.
Learning and Development – Support location management with on-site specific training plans and personal development plans, as well as ensuring that compliance training has been completed for all employees. As well as the delivery of bite size HR training to location managers and driving an increase in location-based apprenticeships.
- HR experience is essential, preferably within the hospitality industry.
- Ability to travel to the different restaurants at least 3 days a week, with the ability to work from home 1 day per week.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across all levels within the Restaurant group and work collaboratively.
- Customer focused attitude
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise effectively.
- Honest and trustworthy, with a down to earth consultative / collaborative style