In this frontline role, you will assess applications from customers applying for housing, playing an important role in identifying households with an urgent need to move and support them through the application process. You will also identify individuals or families, who may need specialist advice, or support services and provide help to ensure they can access the services they need.
What will you be doing?
- A considerable part of your role will be to respond to initial queries and to resolve problems for customers in relation to their housing circumstances,
- Daily, you will ensure that applications for social housing are correctly completed and appropriately assessed.
- It will be your responsibility to arrange for health and housing assessments to be made and make routine decisions on the applicant’s banding on health and housing grounds.
- You will identify if a customer has grounds to be referred to the HomeChoice panel.
- Regularly, you will make enquiries to complete assessments and establish if the customer is homeless, threatened with homelessness or is experiencing any other special circumstances
- Where appropriate, you will refer applications to other sections within HomeChoice and signpost customers to other advice or support services