Salary: £9.90 – £9.90
Shift hours: Full Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Housekeeping Room Attendant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression. The scope of this role is to ensure that all designated areas are cleaned efficiently and effectively according to the standards lay down the client and Sodexo.
• Carry out any / all cleaning duties as requested by your supervisor / management team
• To ensure that all tasks are carried out in a professional manner, following all “safe systems of work” and risk assessment directions
• Wear the correct and appropriate PPE specified at all times
• To comply with all statutory client and Sodexo Health & Safety rules and regulations
• To comply with all client and Sodexo security regulations for cleaning materials, equipment and buildings.
• To provide high personal standards of work/performance, personal hygiene and appearance
• To assist with any special duties requested, some of which may occur outside normal working hours
• To perform any complaints/incidents of accidents, fire, theft or loss, damage or any other irregularities and take action if practicable
• Undertake all required training in relation to all aspects of the cleaning service delivered to the client, as requested.
• Complete a schedule of cleaning tasks, as directed by the cleaning supervisor / cleaning manager
• Ensure that all requirements in relation to COSHH are adhered to, as specified by the cleaning supervisor /manager
• The method of conducting all cleaning tasks is as directed via the GREAT / cleaning offer task cards / pictorial task cards
• To report all faults in relation to cleaning machinery/equipment to the cleaning supervisor / manager
• To report all building defects to the supervisor / manager
• To carry out any reasonable request, as specified by the cleaning supervisor / manager
• Efficiently clean bedrooms, rest rooms, hallways, lobby, restrooms, corridors, and other public/private areas to a high standard.
• Work in the laundry room. Machine wash, press linen. Maintain linen inventory.
~~•Experience of general cleaning methods and techniques
•Excellent communication skills
•An awareness of health and safety requirements
•Attention to detail
•The ability to work on one’s initiative
•Good interpersonal skills
•BICs cleaning qualification or equivalent is also desirable, but not essential
Ideally you will have previous experience in a similar role within a hotel but the right person without hotel experience can be considered as full training will be given.
Location: KINGSTON UPON THAMES, England