Salary: £9.57 – £9.57
Shift hours: Full Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Head Steward to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position, including any required training courses
- To maintain excellent client/customer relationships
- To attend team briefs, huddles and meetings as required
- To attend your performance development review to discuss job standards and agree development activities
- To maintain a clean and tidy work area at all times
- To maintain high levels of personal hygiene and wear the appropriate uniform and PPE as required
- To care for all available resources including equipment, materials and supplies as directed
- To report any near miss occurrences, accidents or faulty equipment to management
- To ensure effective communication with line manager, team, customer and client organisation
- To maintain all areas of responsibility to the set service standards and in line with applicable service offer
- To supervise the team fairly and drive engagement
- To be responsible for the handling and security of all stock, equipment and cash within the department
- Ensure that all products are replenished throughout the duration of service. Report any products that are running low to your supervisor/line manager.
- Assist with function preparation as directed by the supervisor/mess manager i.e. silver cleaning, dining room layout, napkins etc.
- You will role model the company values and ensure they are reinforced at every opportunity.
- Basic catering to include breakfast, Brunch, sandwiches and salads etc
- You must seek to understand the client’s business environment and drivers, developing and maintaining strong relationships and establishing a network of client contacts.
- Effectively manage continuous improvements, taking corrective action where necessary and informing line manager of performance issues.
- You are to carry out any reasonable request by your supervisor/line manager.
- To provide support for any additional ad-hoc services provided as required, for example administrative or office support
- Previous experience of working in a Mess in an operational role
- Must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Experience of working within military environment
- Previous experience of effectively supervising a team
- Leadership skills and knowledge
- Knowledge/qualification in Health & Safety and Food Safety
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- Experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company
Location: Tidworth, England