** Remote/home working allowed **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
And right now, we are looking for a Head of Research and Insight on a fixed term contract basis. With a growing focus on, and investment in, customer insight in our business, this role will be central to delivering an exceptional experience for our customers. You will also be involved with delivering our brand purpose, so this is an extremely exciting time to be part of the journey!
You will have experience of bring customer centricity into an organisation and running a big customer voice programme. You will bring strong leaderships skills with an ability to influence colleagues at all levels and build strong internal relationships. Lastly, you will be able to drive change and bring insight to life by communicating in a compelling way.
In return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If you can drive change and help us to create exceptional experiences through insight, apply now!
- Lead a team of research and insight professionals building best in class capability
- Drive value from insight, ensuring that all programmes are optimised and delivering actionable findings
- Set the strategy for insight in the business, ensuring that the toolkit and capability are fit for purpose and deliver insights that drive competitive advantage for the business
- Lead cross-business teams to drive action from insight
- Build strategic alliances across the business to ensure that insight drives change, being viewed as a trusted advisor and champion for the customer, challenging perceived wisdoms
- Manage and deliver more strategic and high-profile projects alongside the Insight leads and in collaboration with colleagues in data and analytics
- Hold an enterprise wide understanding of the business and commercial challenges to help guide and support the Insight team in the approaches it takes and how insights are delivered to optimise their effectiveness and cut-through
- Bring the outside in – being an expert in emerging technologies and industry trends that will impact the delivery of best-in-class insight in the future and making decisions as to where these may be appropriate for the business to adopt to meet business goals
- Extensive Research and Insight experience, preferably gained in a mix of agency and client-side roles with experience of leading teams in those roles
- Leadership skills: ability to lead a team of insight professionals, developing them and managing their performance
- Strong stakeholder management skills with an ability to build strong internal relationships
- Strategic Influence: viewed as a trusted advisor and voice of the customer in the business, willingness to challenge perceived wisdoms at a senior level
- Strategic thinking: ability to understand the business priorities, to enable identification of opportunities and threats and deliver insight that adds value
- Producing Insight not data, story-telling skills, ability to synthesise data from multiple sources
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to ensure insight cut-through
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects and research requests with demanding deadlines
- Structured and well organised in approach
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with high level of numeracy
- Research Skills: Understands approaches and when to use them
Our values are:
- Precision Pace – Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
Job Reference: saga/TP/89/1373