Energise your career, accelerate a net-zero future – #Renewablesjobs
About the role
An exciting and challenging opportunity has become available for a Head of Performance & Optimisation to lead a team of professionals with the objectives to ensure all aspects of technical and energy market related aspects of the operational performance is analysed and optimum commercial performance achieved. Achieving optimum performance in each operational period requires analysis, understanding and consideration of energy market conditions, weather conditions, market volatility and asset capability.
Performance data and market intelligence will be used to identify opportunities for performance improvements, in conjunction with Heads of Technology Assets and Directors of Technology Business Units.
The role will support the Asset Operations directorate in maximising the in-year and through-life performance, returns to the investors and stakeholders. Ensuring effective reporting of performance at Executive and Technology Business Unit levels.
Pay, benefits and culture
Alongside a competitive salary and a market-leading pension scheme, we offer a range of flexible benefits to support our people across all aspects of their lives.
Your rewards package includes a choice of flexible benefits, such as electric vehicle leasing, enhanced parental leave, subsidised health insurance, discounts and employee pricing.
We offer everyone the flexibility, freedom and responsibility to make your own impact, whether that’s in the office or at home. To support flexible and hybrid working, we’ll provide a suite of IT equipment to ensure that you can work remotely comfortably and effectively.
At EDF Renewables our purpose is to accelerate a net-zero future where clean energy powers our lives. Our people are passionate about developing the low-carbon energy systems of the future and acting against climate change.
We strive to create an inclusive and diverse business and we recognise that our differences make us stronger, increasing our ability to innovate and succeed quickly. We challenge ourselves to continuously improve to achieve our purpose, whilst rewarding work and recognising the contribution each of our employees makes to achieving our goals. We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
What you’ll be doing
As Head of Performance & Optimisation will also ensure that all renewable energy certificates and market declarations are managed to satisfy stakeholder and regulatory requirements.
Across a multi-technology portfolio of Onshore & Offshore wind, Solar and Energy Storage, there is growing complexity to manage operational performance, regulatory compliance and pursue additional revenues streams.
- Inspiring the optimisation and performance team and the wider asset operations team to continually seek to improve commercial asset performance.
- Setting the highest ethical standards
- Leading you team to Lead a team of performance analysts to monitor, measure and analyse operational performance with a continuous improvement mindset, looking for insights and trends for improvement.
- Digitising our capabilities for performance and optimisation to enable greater use of data to realise insights into asset performance.
- Presenting data and analysis to stakeholders across the business demonstrate the potential for asset commercial performance and the actual asset commercial performance.
- Support the onboarding phase of new assets in the area of operational data management, lease management, route to market arrangements (PPA’s or subsidy management) and managing customer relationships related to cPPA’s.
- The production and reporting of information required to produce the proposed generation budget and Medium-Term Plan (MTP) for each operating asset.
- Developing the Team’s ability to act as subject matter expert on the UK energy market and regulation requirements, ensuring compliance, identifying and securing opportunities for additional revenue streams.
- Managing energy market interaction; short term Revenue Forecasting, ancillary services and bidding strategies.
- Maximising value from new and forward commitments (cPPAs, hedges, trading).
What do you need to be great at this role?
You will hold relevant academic qualification at degree level or recognised equivalent coupled with extensive knowledge and experience of the UK energy market / regulations and energy trading.
- Strong asset management experience including P&L management and a strong understanding of operations and maintenance activities.
- Strong commercial experience.
- Experience in management of Renewable Certificates (ROC/REGO)
- Experience of National Grid ESO and requirements for operational control of renewables assets.
- Experience of managing a team, promoting new ways of working and thinking.
- Strong understanding of the commercial drivers related to achieving high performance.
- Ability to think strategically and prioritise change initiatives in a strategically aligned way.
- Experience of influencing and negotiating with senior stakeholders to achieve results and manage relationships.
- Ability to communicate and engage effectively at multiple levels, including presentations and written documents.
- Curiosity to challenge established processes and continuously improve the business.
- Excellent analytical thinking with the capability to effectively present and communicate key findings and recommendations.
- Effective at building relationships with internal and external shareholders.
- Able to work effectively across a business with strong influencing skills.
- Strong at managing, coaching and supporting people.
- Strong digital experience related to data management and analysis.
- Must be a team player and able to demonstrate experience successfully dealing with peers, management, cross functional groups, project stakeholders and unaffiliated third parties.
Why EDF Renewables?
EDF Renewables purpose is to accelerate a net zero future where clean energy powers our lives. We want to make the net zero future happen as fast as we can. We want to set the pace and, where necessary, disrupt the status quo and transform perceptions. We are here to combat climate change; this is a clear and tangible goal for us. Climate change is what galvanises us to bring the right solutions to the UK and Ireland.
Our mission is critical in the pursuit of our purpose, we will lead the way in the delivery and operation of renewable technologies. We are proud to utilise fully our EDF heritage and place ourselves at the core of the industry.
We are constantly challenging ourselves to improve the way things are being done. We bring leadership to our interactions and collaborations with one another, how we influence our partners and external bodies, how we use technology.
The success of our mission and purpose is underpinned by our core values – our DNA:
Together: Working together.
Open: We are open and authentic in our behaviours.
Passion: We have a strong belief in what we are doing.
Growth: Growth as a company and as individuals.
Resolve: We remain determined even in challenging environments.
Closing date for applications:
1st December 2023
Durham, London or Edinburgh
Join us, and let’s do good together.