Salary: MPS/UPS + TLC 1B
Shift hours: 25
Required for: Easter 2024
The governors of this popular, over-subscribed, Catholic school are seeking to appoint a Head of Art. The successful candidate will join the school at an exciting time as we prepare for the development of a brand new school opening in January 2026. You will be joining the school as we celebrate a progress score of +0.51 (2023) and will join a staff body who support the school motto “We are all made for greatness.”
The school has an excellent reputation, built on strong and longstanding relationships with the local community and beyond. In our recent Section 48 inspection (March 2022) the school was recognised as outstanding:
“Pupils know whom to go to if there is a problem, and they value the strong community spirit. They speak of solid relationships with their tutors and the extended community to which they belong, contributing to excellent behaviour.”
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a passion for their subject.
• Have excellent relationships with students and a belief that everyone can succeed.
• Be a great team player and work with other key colleagues to support the development of teaching and learning within the department.
• Be able to teach all key stages.
• Be a skilful and committed practitioner, able to inspire pupils, manage a busy workload, be well organised, prepared to go the extra mile and love teaching.
Cardinal Newman School can offer:
• A supportive introduction into senior leadership responsibilities.
• A well-motivated body of students.
• A friendly, enthusiastic and supportive staff.
• Support CPD programmes.
• A vibrant programme of extra-curricular activities, which broaden the experience of our students.
• A caring ethos with strong international links and a commitment to actively supporting global charity and fundraising projects.
Cardinal Newman is a highly successful 11-18 Catholic comprehensive school set in 37 acre grounds in the pleasant outskirts of Coventry. This is a fantastic opportunity to help lead the school and make a significant contribution to the future success of the school. We are located within easy access of all areas of Coventry and commutable from surrounding areas such as Birmingham, Solihull, Leamington Spa and Sutton Coldfield.
Further details about the post and an application pack are available from the school website. The school welcomes visits from applicants. Please contact Suzanne Harris, Headteacher’s PA firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
Application forms are available to be downloaded below.
Completed application forms should be sent to Suzanne Harris, Headteacher’s PA. Email email@example.com
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy should we receive an overwhelming number of applications before the closing date.
Closing date: 18 December 2023 at 9am
Interview date: TBC
Sandpits Lane, Coventry, CV6 2FR Tel: 024 76332382 Fax: 024 76335626
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) for an additional pre employment check with effect 1 Sept 22, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.