Cygnet Godden Green is a 33 bed mental health hospital which provides specialist Acute and PICU services for women. The hospital is situated in the beautiful countryside of the Kent Weald, near Sevenoaks..
We are looking for an experienced Head Chef to supervise and support the catering team, bearing overall responsibility to undertake and develop the smooth and efficient running of the catering department.
You’ll be working 38 hours a week (three 10 hour shifts and one 8 hour shift) on a rota basis with the earliest shift start at 7am and latest shift finish at 6pm.
We are currently offering a £2,000 welcome bonus for this role and also operate a free shuttlebus service to pick up/drop off staff from the local train station for those using public transport if required.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel, and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while being part of an organization that cares about helping people.
- Lead on the effective and efficient preparation, production and presentation of all meals for patients, staff and visitors, ensuring that the required standard is met at all times.
- Maintain high levels of cleanliness and hygiene as set out in the departmental catering policy and food legislation, ensuring all catering practice is carried out in line with food hygiene regulations, and current legislation.
- Ensure that standardised recipes are in place, portion control and food wastage targets are met and that all procedures are followed including effective and efficient stock control.
- Maintain service standards by cooperation with Company representatives, safety and fire officers and outside agencies, e.g. Environmental Health Officer.
- Day to day management of the catering stores, to ensure correct stock levels are maintained and audit processes is followed.
- To manage menu planning within budget, and development of new dishes ensuring a nutritional balanced diet, liaising with consumers and dietician.
- To ensure procurement, of goods and services and external bodies in establishing and recording the quality assured status of sources of supply.
- An experienced Head Chef used to working in a fast passed environment.
- Preferably experienced in working within the healthcare sector dealing with strict dietary requirements.
- Able to plan nourishing & attractive menus within available budgets
- An excellent communicator able to liaise with people at all levels
- Qualified in catering to City & Guilds 706: 1 & 2 level or NVQ Level 2/3
- Experience in supporting and leading a catering team to provide food to the best standard.
- The holder of a food hygiene certificate, with good personal hygiene standards.
- Polite & professional, with a positive attitude to internal & external guests at all times
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary and a range of benefits including:
- £2,000 welcome bonus
- Paid Holiday including 2 extra days annual leave for your birthday and anniversary date
- Employee NHS – discount savings (Bluelight Card)
- Regular coaching and support
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Free Private Health Care
- Subsidised meals on duty
- For further details on all our benefits, please visit https://cygnetjobs.co.uk/benefits/
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you are interested in the role, please apply below or forward over your CV to email@example.com
Job Reference: CYG32043