Salary: £11.87 – £11.87
Shift hours: Full Time
- Preparation, cooking and service of food to the highest standards as per Company Quality Procedures and Mess requirements.
- Manage and motivate employees and assist in their training as directed by the Services Manager.
- To have a full knowledge of all areas which have to be covered in the course of duty.
- To prepare, cook and serve food within specified budgets to the standard required by the client within the Statement of Requirement.
- To achieve and maintain the presentation and hygiene standards required within Sodexo Defence Services Quality Procedure, and the client.
- To manage and supervise Chefs and ancillary staff completing a work roster in conjunction with the Services Manager taking into account feeding levels and functions.
- To ensure all equipment within the area of responsibility is used correctly and training is undertaken in this area, where necessary, and recorded. Quarterly to be carried out, deficiencies identified, and exchange requirements communicated to the Services Manager.
- To plan and cost menus (daily and function) to meet customer requirements liaising with the Services Manager.
- To control all food stocks complying with the correct ordering and delivery monitoring procedures laid down in the Quality System. Undertake regular stock-checks and maintain stock levels both as directed by the GCWO and Services manager.
- To ensure Assured Safe Catering principles are followed at all times encompassing legal requirements of the Food Safety Act 1990. All aspects of the foods journey through the system is to be monitored and recorded, to include delivery, freezer and fridges temperature checks.
- To comply with the HSWA, Food Safety and COSHH regulations.
- To motivate, train and develop staff both as individuals and within the team.
- To implement and monitor all aspects of the Quality Control System within the area of responsibility in conjunction with the Services Manager.
- To continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position.
- Demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company.
- City & Guilds 706, 1 & 2 or equivalent.
- Intermediate level Food Hygiene, HSWA and COSHH Certificates
Location: Aldershot, England