At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a General Operative to join our friendly team based at our Tarmac Ashbury Asphalt Plant in Manchester. This role is easily accessible from Stockport, Denton, Hyde, Cheadle, Wythenshawe, Warrington, Swinton, Bolton, Prestwich, Bury, Rochdale, Oldham and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the successful candidate for the role of General Operative, you will be a part of the Multi-Skilled Operative team which produces dry aggregates material for the construction industry. As well as delivering best in class Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality performance for our Plant operations.
This role will specifically focus on operational tasks including:
- Working with aggregates on site and operating machinery as per the role of General Operative (including dumpers and loading shovels).
- Day to day maintenance, maintaining the highest levels of housekeeping
- Maintenance and driving a culture of zero harm and behavioural safety
- Compliance and awareness Health and Safety measure around the site
- Training and operation on static plant operations to help drive plant optimisation
The ideal candidate for the role of General Operative will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as an operative or labourer. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills.
As part of an operational team, you should be able to demonstrate proven experience of working within a similar environment. You will also:
- Have knowledge of the industry and ideally of quarrying
- Be flexible and able to work as part of an effective Multi-Skilled Operative team
- Be self motivated and able to motivate other colleagues in the team
- Have knowledge of Risk Assessments within role of General Operative
- Have knowledge of SSOW (HIRA) and Permit systems (preferred but not essential)
- Be compliant and engage with company policies, targets, goals and standards
- Be IT literate
- Shovel License – desirable
Salary: Excellent Salary + Overtime + Benefits + Bonus
Location: Manchester, Lancashire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/112/3321