Cygnet have been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for 35 years.
We are looking for a professional, ambitious & passionate General Manager to join our service at Cygnet Colchester Hospital. The General Manager role involves working closely with the Hospital Manager and other senior leaders of the hospital, taking leadership of all the non-clinical areas of our hospital.
Cygnet Hospital Colchester is a 54 bed service providing a range of intensive support and rehabilitation services for men with learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders or mental health needs.
You’ll enjoy an excellent leadership role committed to the future of Cygnet while making a real impact on our employees, services users & their families.
In a rewarding role with excellent career prospects, your focus on quality of care will help us achieve our goals.
And you’ll have the chance to progress in a caring setting that makes a real impact on people’s lives.
If you’re passionate about what you do, we want to talk to you!
- Lead motivated Cygnet teams & ensure the smooth running of Cygnet facilities
- Work closely with our Regional Facilities Manager to ensure the smooth day to day running of our Maintenance Team and outside contractors
- Ensure our hospital has a safe and clean environment that is fit for purpose and meeting the required standards
- Oversee the Head Chef and kitchen team
- Have management responsibility for the admin team
- Ensure we are compliant with relevant legislation
- Act as a lead for Health & Safety within the hospital environment
- Develop and review processes and protocols to ensure safe standards of working
- Adhere to Safeguarding policies and procedures
- Devise, develop & implement strategies & drive Cygnet’s future targets
- Develop & maintain strategic external relationships
- Ensure all group policies & procedures are adhered to.
- Previous experience of working in a General Manager role within the healthcare sector
- Excellent communication skills
- Commercial awareness & good business acumen
- Experience in helping to maximise opportunities while undertaking account management
- Knowledge of the healthcare sector & relevant legislation
- The skills to research, collate data, brief, & negotiate
- Excellent experience in leading & managing teams
- A positive approach to complex problems/excellent problem solving skills
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
Strong career progression opportunities
Expert supervision & peer support
Employee referral scheme
Company paid life assurance scheme
“Cycle to work” scheme
Employee discounts, including access to the NHS Discount Scheme.
Please note, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.
Job Reference: CYG33661