Location: Oxford Road, Manchester,
Salary: Up to £35,000
GENERAL MANAGER – Come be a part of the food revolution!
Salary of £34,000 and with Monday to Friday working hours!
We are recruiting a General Manager for one of our Manchester City Centre locations, who would like a role in a fantastic working environment.
Be part of a newly structured team overseeing and involved in a cafe style operation serving an average of 150 covers daily, hospitality break out areas along with a vending offer over 2 floors.
WHAT WILL KEEP YOU BUSY:
- Leading a team of 5 highly regarded chefs and front of house staff
- Working closely with head chef and hospitality supervisor
- Ensure that the location achieves, as a minimum, the financial targets agreed with the client in line with the budget
- Monitor the work of all the staff and carry out appraisals, recognise training needs and potential as appropriate
- Hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company and client information
- Work with your Operations Manager to prepare budgets; achieve and maintain the food cost in accordance with the budget
- Develop and evolve all client’s services at location, ensuring regular adjustments and improvements are both recommended and implemented
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Ideally a background in the corporate / contract catering sector
- Stable & progressive career to date
- Easily commute to Manchester city centre
- You thrive on getting the best out of people and maximising commercial opportunities
- You draw satisfaction from managing, training and supporting a team
- You provide a professional catering service, ensuring that company standards are maintained and that Client expectations are met
- Have experience in an General Manager role ideally in contract catering or hospitality
- Good understanding of report writing and financial management.
- Possess excellent supervisory and communication skills
- Good delegation and influencing skills
- Able to demonstrate your analytical approach to problem solving
- Have the ability to display a real passion for food and customer service