35 hours per week
£40,677 Per Annum
Mon, 9 Jan 2023
Not just another building society. Not just another job.
We're the fourth biggest building society in the UK and what makes us a bit different is that we're a mutual organisation. We don't have shareholders, we're owned by our members.
Our colleague say Skipton's a great place to work and you could be one of them, bringing with you new ideas on how we can keep customers at the heart of what we do.
Whatever your background, and whatever your goals, we'll help you take the next step towards a better future.
Are you passionate about change pathways, governance, and portfolio management best practice?
We’re looking for a strategically minded, experienced change professional to lead, develop and implement a strategically aligned change management framework, underpinned by appropriate methodologies, and supported by adequate governance and assurance.
Are you passionate about conducting ongoing review of the health of the portfolio and leading on all things change assurance?
Do you have experience in ensuring that agreed KPIs for the measurement of portfolio health are being actively monitored, tracked, and reported on?
Can you facilitate and contribute to the prioritisation of remedial and mitigating actions to support the resolution of issues identified to mitigate delivery risks?
Are you passionate about delivering change and agile ways of working? Do you want to make a difference? Be part of a workplace ranked 3rd in The Sunday Times 100 Best Big Companies to Work For, a dynamic and mindful team where you can proudly be yourself. At Skipton Building Society, we have an exciting opening for an experienced Change Framework and Governance Lead to join our team.
If you’re ready to take up the vital role of Change Framework and Governance Lead and provide trusted insight, oversight, and support to ensure the successful delivery of change across our strategic change portfolio, then this could be the role for you!
We value diversity of thought, expertise, and knowledge. When you join, you'll be a part of a collaborative environment where everyone's voice is valued, and new ideas are encouraged.
• An experienced Change professional, passionate about making a difference?
• Able to provide first class analysis and insight?
• Able to demonstrate a range of analytical skills required to support the day to day and long term management of the full change portfolio?
• Adept at working with different change frameworks and methodologies? (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Safe, Prince2)
• Able to conduct reviews of the health of the portfolio and make recommendations to improve portfolio performance?
• Able to collaborate, influence and motivate a wide variety of colleagues?
• Driven to continually learn, reflect, and adapt approaches you and the team use to find better, more effective ways of working?
• Able to play an active role in our Communities of Practice to pass on knowledge and build expertise?
You’ll need a strong ability to work collaboratively, supporting and championing the growth and development of colleagues, demonstrating high emotional intelligence with strong leadership skills, be a brilliant problem-solver and have an inquisitive appetite to continuously develop and learn. You’ll enjoy working with a variety of people, be able to inspire and motivate and you’ll be self-driven and self-organising.
You’ll be able to flex your skillset to meet business demands, applying the most appropriate approach to enable us to deliver change successfully. Most importantly, you’ll be able to clearly identify how what we are doing adds value and moves us towards our strategic priorities.
What you'll be doing
• Work closely with the Change Assurance Lead to implement effective change governance, providing assurance on all aspects of the change portfolio, taking responsibility for the planning, management, and co-ordination of assurance related activities. This will cover everything from smaller initiatives to larger projects, programmes, agile deliveries, value streams and ways of working.
• Provide confidence to sponsors and stakeholders that initiatives will deliver against their objectives / anticipated value whilst maintaining risks within defined appetites or having appropriate actions in place to address any out of appetite exposures
• Be able to pinpoint root causes and make recommendations to mitigate risks both through undertaking ‘in the moment’ reviews of in-flight initiatives as well as analyse thematic risks and issues across the portfolio to make associated recommendations for improvements
• Ensure that risks relating to delivery, processes and governance are reasonably anticipated, identified, mitigated, and managed and progressed via the correct process with appropriate levels of escalation
• Offer impartial, expert guidance and support aimed at enabling the realisation of value as per the agreed business outcomes, providing actionable insight based on findings from ongoing, real time assurance activities across every stage of the portfolio Kanban and work with stakeholders to suggest and track through remedial actions
• Provide direction and steer to improve the quality of data input into portfolio management tools to allow for automated reporting and transparency of delivery to all interested stakeholders
What you’ll bring
• You’ll have experience as a Change Framework and Governance Lead
• Knowledge of risk management and the difference between operational and delivery risks
• A strong understanding of risk-based assurance reviews
• A strong understanding of planning principles, critical path analysis and remedial action options
• Knowledge of agile techniques, project management, portfolio management and investment practices
• Excellent track record in change delivery gained by being involved in large, complex initiatives or programmes across multiple disciplines, offering expertise in business change and transformation techniques
• Experience of using Planview or similar PPM planning tool
• Practical experience of agile delivery project management, portfolio management and investment practices.
• Experience of practical application of Lean Portfolio Management techniques
• Proven experience of influencing key peers and Senior Managers
• Experience of working with both technical and non-technical teams across a variety of business domains.
• Experience of creating and presenting clear and concise option/recommendation papers
• Proven experience of working under tight challenging deadlines, prioritising workloads, and providing pertinent and timely management MI relevant to target audience
We care about our colleagues. So we treat each other like the complex and diverse individuals we are.
Work here is never one-size-fits-all, it flexes around your strengths and needs,
Everyone is held accountable for achieving our common purpose. The aim is for all of us to do better work, have a better life and enjoy a better balance between the two.
£40677 plus benefits