Shift hours: Full Time
About the Role
At Sodexo, we are passionate about food and we believe that good food really has the power to bring everyone together!
We put our dedication to fabulous food in the spotlight to showcase what our talented team can do, and we are looking for a Food Service Assistant at our Leeds site to join us.
You’ll make sure that our people feel like they are at home by preparing and serving fresh, delicious, home cooked meals through the day! You’ll be a vital part of our amazing team and you will ensure that our kitchen and service areas are always kept glistening.
Sodexo reserves the right to close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
A few things about you
Your communication skills need to be strong, your attention to detail second to none and you’ll need the ability to work well under pressure!
With a focus on customer service, you’ll put our people at the heart of everything you do, always ensuring to deliver an excellent service! Being a team player is also key, after all there is no ‘I’ in team.
If you have previous experience in a catering, we would love to hear from you!
There will be great opportunities to grow and progress your career with Sodexo and we will support you throughout your journey with us!
Sodexo embeds a strong safety culture in everything we do. There will be company procedures to follow alongside our Health & Safety practises so it is vital that you will champion this.
- Assist in the preparation and service of food and beverage to the volunteers at site for the staff meal offer and any hospitality as required.
- Deliver the service to the client timings for the food and beverage service recording all meals served on the correct documents.
- Ensure food service is delivered with all food and beverages being portioned correctly.
- Conduct cleaning as per the schedule including cleaning of dining areas, kitchen and kitchen equipment.
- Cleaning of all service equipment, cutlery and crockery using the correct dishwashing equipment and chemicals.
- Assist in the ordering procedures, stock rotation and monthly stock checks as requested.
- To service and clean all coffee machines and restock as per the site schedule.
- To set-up and prepare conference areas and deliver food and beverage service as directed.
- To provide an deal with the customers and volunteers and ensure their experience is positive.
- To work as part of team and demonstrate great team work.
- To be responsible for your safety and ensure you work to the correct processes and report any near misses, unsafe acts and incidents.
- Good Communication and Customer Service Skills
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Have a positive approach and “can do” attitude.
- Previous Experience in the Hospitality or Contract Catering Environment
Location: Leeds, England