Salary: £9.6 per hour
We’re recruiting an enthusiastic Food Service Assistant who is passionate about exceptional food and world-class customer service for Defence on a permanent casual basis, contracted to 0 hours per week.
As a Food Service Assistant, you will support our catering team to help us deliver truly incredible food experiences. In return, you’ll have the opportunity to progress your catering career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you shine as Defence’s next Food Service Assistant? Here’s what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing delicious food to the highest standards
- Processing payments on the cash register with both cash and card
- Kitchen portering to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen
- Preparing drinks at the bar to an excellent standard
- Delighting customers with flawless customer service
- Representing Compass Group UK&I and maintaining a positive brand image
Our ideal Food Service Assistant will:
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be passionate about great-tasting food and exceptional customer service
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Have a flexible approach to work
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
Part of Compass Group UK&I, ESS is the Defence, Government, and Energy services sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. We support 250+ UK military establishments, high profile police, secure environments and government sites, along with a range of onshore and offshore facilities including platforms, drilling rigs, floatels and offices for the energy sector. We know that a friendly face makes all the difference, so we look for people who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, at all levels, to join our teams.
Job Reference: com/0310/95296001/52471810/BU #LI-DNP
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.