Salary: £30,000 per annum
Shift hours: Permanent
Foodbuy is a leading food procurement organisation based in the UK. With over £1bn of managed spend, we bring together the widest range of foodservice and hospitality clients on the planet to buy food, and everything associated with it. We work closely with our clients to deliver expert procurement services saving them both time and money and enabling them to focus on what really matters to their businesses.
As a buyer you will support and develop the end to end procurement process for this category. You will be responsible for planning, negotiating and executing contract renewals as well as managing supplier relationships.
Commercially you will be expected to support our overarching Foodbuy strategy to drive volume growth, negotiate sustainable terms & provide value and benefit to our Compass and External clients. You will be key to supporting our CSR commitments. You will engage with our culinary teams and development chefs and support their client food strategies by providing products meeting their requirements.
- You will support the Food team to develop and execute a long-term category strategy to deliver sustainable improvements in terms of cost, quality, service and innovation, in collaboration with the Foodbuy procurement team & other relevant business stakeholder
- You will assist with identifying potential suppliers, visiting, and meeting existing suppliers, building, and maintaining relationships
- You will support our supply chain team to ensure on -time direct supply and supply via distributor aligned to SLA’s
- Ensure the food product range is compliant to food safety regulations & CSR requirements, assuring high quality standards always
- Evaluating bids with the Foodbuy sourcing team and making recommendations based on commercial, technical, supply and quality requirements, using your category expertise and knowledge
- You will communicate industry trends across the business
- Regularly review supplier performance to support category growth
- Manage category related queries from internal and external stakeholders
- Support our sales and bid teams with content
- Results Oriented – comfortable delivering against bold and stretching targets
- Experience in food procurement/sourcing
- Has the technical skill combined with enough gravitas to become recognised as a subject matter expert
- Competent with procurement systems, ideally having used these in current/previous employment
- Demonstrated ability to develop credible business relationships