Our multi-award-winning organisation is looking to recruit a Female Care and Support Worker to join our Retirement Living Service. The role of Care and Support Worker is based on a rota basis which may include evening and weekend shifts. This is a pivotal position to help ensure our residents live a meaningful life and feel involved within their community.
There is a genuine occupational reason under the sex discrimination act (1974) that requires a female for this position.
The role of Care and Support Worker will involve the delivery of Care Services within our Retirement Living Service to excellent standards.
We operate a 3 week rolling rota working alternate weekends:
Week 1 – 06.45am – 14.45pm over 5 days
Week 2 – 13.30pm – 21.30pm over 5 days
Week 3 – 06.45am – 16.45pm or 11.30am – 21.30pm 10 hours shift over 4 days
What you will be doing
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work as a Care and Support Worker in our friendly and dedicated team. This is a key role supporting residents. You will:
- Assist residents with personal care, preparing meals and domestic tasks
- Implement and monitor care & support plans to meet the individual needs of a diverse group of Tenants
- Contribute to building community spirit within the resource through participating, encouraging, enabling and facilitating social events that meet the needs of diverse tenants
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will:
- NVQ level 2 in Health and social Care (Desirable, not essential)
- Previous Experience within a Care or Health setting.
- Excellent communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to work shifts (including weekends and evenings)