Salary: up to £38,000 per annum depending on experience
Shift hours: Permanent
We have a fantastic opportunity to join Compass Group UK & Ireland as part of our Facilities Management team based at the Royal Surrey County Hospital in Guildford.
As one of our Facilities Managers, you will effectively plan, manage and control the day to day operational activity of the facilities management services at RSCH. We provide a wide range of services at the hospital including patient & retail catering, cleaning, portering; security, switchboard and helpdesk so the role will be very varied with lots to get involved in.
The role is key to ensuring we provide an exceptional standard of service to our client and of course to the patients, staff and visitors too. You will be collaborating with 3 other Facilities Managers on a daily basis to ensure we are delivering our agreed contract specifications as well as providing a first class experience to those using our services.
Every day will be different but you can expect your responsibilities to include:
- Ensuring that the services are delivered to the required standards detailed in the contract specification.
- Delivering specific elements within the business plan to achieve current year’s performance.
- Ensuring that service delivery meets or exceeds agreed budgets.
- Coaching/supporting the Departmental Team Leaders in the delivery of their roles.
- Providing analysis of labour costs, performance, security incidents and trust activities
- Maintaining effective internal and external client and user relationships
- Delivering the Health and Safety policy and standards.
We are looking for applications from candidates who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Extensive operational experience of managing in at least one functional area within a multi-service healthcare operation (ideally Portering)
- Strong financial competence with good understanding of P&L accounts
- IT Literate at Intermediate Level
- Experienced in managing a team to deliver required results
- Planning and organisational skills
- A Can Do attitude
- Accute business awareness
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others
- Customer Focus
Location: Guildford, Surrey