Location: Crown Office Row, London, EC4Y
The Honourable Society of The Inner Temple, situated on the banks of the Thames, is one of the few remaining Georgian style event halls in the City of London. Teamed with its surroundings of a three-acre private garden, the Inner Temple is one of Searcys most exquisite event venues.
Searcys is steeped in rich heritage and is passionate about its people, therefore offers industry leading benefits which include:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Access to online GP and medical benefits
- Employee assistance programme and qualified Mental Health First Aiders
- Meals provided on shift
- Your birthday off to celebrate in style
- A day off to volunteer and give back to a charity of your choice
Salary: Up to £32,000 per annum
As a Events Supervisor, you will be ensuring the effective management and efficient service of the catering operation within the Inner Temple over a 7-day operation. This person will need to implement and manage procedures to ensure the successful, smooth operation of all catering areas, including the team restaurant, Pegasus Bar, Inner Temple Gardens, Temple Church, Conference Centre, Event spaces, and the Church Court Yard.
The Events Supervisor will be detail driven and will ensure that all food and beverage offerings are presented to the highest standard, identifying any areas of improvement.
- To work as part of a team and lead by example.
- To supervise the service of a daily seated buffet lunch, ensuring the team are prepped and briefed on the daily menu and are ready for service.
- To manage the opening and closing duties for the catering operation and ensure all aspects are completed before dismissing the team.
- To brief teams at the start of each service or event, ensuring all tasks are allocated accordingly.
- To be confident in communications with valued guests, senior figures at the venue, various departments and members of the management team.
- To ensure all Food Safety and Health and Safety legislation is adhered to.
- At least 2 years experience within a similar events, catering establishment.
- Proven track record of managing a Front of House team in a catering environment.
- Valid Level 2 Food Safety Certificate.
- Personal Licence (desirable).
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills, internally and externally.
- Supportive team player.
- Takes initiative.
- English Language – Native or Bilingual.