Location: 210 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7HD
Searcys can be traced back to one man's vision: Victorian entrepreneur and the Duke of Northumberland's confectioner, John Searcy. He honed his skills by catering at private parties for royalty and high society – and word soon spread of his talent. After ten years of service to the Duke and Duchess, he set up Searcys, in 1847. Before long, he became the first and most sought-after caterer, renowned for his artistry and attention to detail.
In March 2023, we launched JS Society our internal support team to support our existing portfolio of venues within the family consisting of 25 venues within the UK. We are an internal agency that train our teams to the same level as our venues do and offer extensive training and development to the teams in order for them to take on a full time role should they wish to .
As a Event staff you will receive the following industry leading benefits:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
- Your birthday off to celebrate in style
- A day off to volunteer / give back to the charity of your choice
As a member of the Events team, you will be expected to work across several venues, working times may include morning, lunch time or dinner – the hours are flexible and we are happy to support you with all of your personal requirements.
Job Type: Flexible
Hourly Rate: up to £18.00ph dependant on position
- Waiting Staff – Events and Restaurants
- Bar Staff – Events and Restaurants
- Kitchen Porters
- Chef De Partie
- Sous Chef
Key Responsibilities – Waiting/Bar Staff:
- Providing a world class customer service to our clients and guests
- Taking orders, upselling products to our customers in the restaurants
- Pre event set up for Events in line with
- Plate Waiting
- Assisting with the set up and clear down of the events
- To deliver exemplary service at champagne and drinks receptions
- Ensuring all cutlery and glassware are clean and presentable before and after the event
- Follow the responsible alcohol service policy.
Key Responsibilities – Kitchen Porters/ Chefs
- To ensure all areas of the kitchens and serveries on all floors are maintained to the highest standard of cleanliness, providing a clean and safe working
- To ensure all areas are regularly checked for maintenance and repairs, reporting any problem to a member of the management team.
- To maintain all catering storage areas, ensuring they are always organised and clean.
- To assist with the overseeing of the effective running of the multiple kitchen operation.
- To oversee all food preparation and delivery to the guests, ensuring expectations are maintained and surpassed.
- To manage food and produce ordering by keeping records of waste, stock holding and food cost concerns.
- To manage the consistency and quality of food taste and profile in line with menu specifications, recipes, allergens, calories and photos (where applicable).
- To ensure a first in – first out rotation system and check all food is correctly dated as set by both site specific and company standards.
- To support the Head Chef in overseeing all sections food preparation and presentation, ensuring quality and standards are being achieved.
- To support safe working habits and a safe working environment at all times.
- To ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained through all kitchen areas and company cleaning schedules are in use.
- Any reasonable tasks and duties as requested by Line Managers.
- To act as a positive ambassador for Searcys.
- Experience working within hospitality setting
- Experience working in fine dining
- No experience is required to become a Kitchen Porter, but you mut be hard working and willing to learn.
- Formal culinary training in City and Guilds, or equivalent
- Minimum Level 2 Food Safety Management via NCASS, or equivalent
- Proven experience in a similar role within previous production and event work
- Good foundation of Health and Safety and Food Safety knowledge