Location: 116 Pall Mall, London, SW1Y 5ED
116 Pall Mall is a stunning Georgian venue dating back to 1820 in the heart of London. Originally designed by John Nash, the architect behind Marble Arch and Brighton Pavilion;
This venue is one of our flagship sites based on Pall Mall with a vast array of decadent event spaces.
As a Event Manager you will receive the following industry leading benefits:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 38 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
- Discount off overnight stays in London
- Your birthday off to celebrate in style
- A day off to volunteer / give back to the charity of your choice
Searcys are looking for a Event Operations Manager, to work in our prestigious venue 116 Pall Mall – Institute of Directors. As the Events Operations Manager you will ensure the smooth running of the day to day events within the venue.
Job Type: Full Time
Hourly Rate: £28,000pa
- To support the Event Operations Manager in planning, organising, and delivering a successful operation of events
- To liaise with other key personal, such as reception, sales, and kitchen department to deliver a service that meets and exceed the client expectations
- To brief the Events team on all aspects of the business and to oversee the running of all events, workings lunches, dinners, and drinks receptions
- To greet clients upon arrival making sure the event is set up as per their requirements, ensuring that any relevant day changes are passed on to the team
- To manage the Events Supervisors and liaise with them daily, with regards to the business and the delegation of staff
- To assist on the development of the Events waiting team, making sure that they adhere to standards laid down by the management team and provide training as required, especially on the areas of food and beverage service
- To ensure that all legislative and Government guidelines are adhered to, including (but not exclusively) The Food Safety Act, Health and Safety at Work Act, the COSHH regulations, etc. within the areas of responsibility
- To train or provide training to staff to ensure they operate in accordance with the department’s standards including any casual labour or agency that may be required
- To monitor daily, the standards achieved in your department and report to your line managers any areas of concerns
- Excellent product knowledge (food/beverage)
- Experience in running large events, dinners.
- Strong business acumen
- Leads by example by acting professional at all times.
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes the initiative
- Excellent time management
- Supportive / Team player
- Financially astute
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience in managing and leading a team
- Excellent customer care skills