Salary: £14,600-16,755 +£1,726 London Weighting
Shift hours: Part Time
As a English tutor, you are part of a thriving department that is the heart of HMP & YOI Bronzefield. You will work alongside a team of creative and innovative tutors to encourage and empower our residents to take responsibility for their learning. Your friendly and professional demeanour will contribute to your effective delivery of a range of exciting courses to residents whose levels vary from pre-entry up to Level 2 whilst supporting them on their journey to rehabilitation.
Awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People, HMP YOI Bronzefield focuses on providing needs-based services and programmes aimed at rehabilitating and maintaining the well-being of prisoners. HMP YOI Bronzefield is an all-female prison that can hold up to 542 women. Working in a prison might not be what you think. We have a huge range of roles in a dynamic, unique, exciting, challenging but very rewarding environment. We aim to reduce reoffending and rehabilitate, changing lives for the better.
Sodexo Justice delivers custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within England, Scotland and Wales and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
- Work effectively and efficiently with the Curriculum Lead to produce innovative and stimulating lessons for prisoners to encourage participation whatever level the prisoners are starting from
- Effectively plan courses and lessons by preparing and using schemes of work and lesson plans for all classes for the benefit of the learner as for evidence at inspection/lesson observations
- Identify the needs of individuals in classes and groups and develop differentiate teaching methods and resources accordingly
- Assist in any marketing strategies related to courses, delivery and training within normal work hours and out of normal work hours
- Establish a rapport with prisoners to encourage them to take their first steps in learning and achieve a recognised qualification.
- Full teaching qualification (Minimum of CTLLS) or PGCE or working towards
- Experience of delivering Functional skills in the classroom
- Recognised Level 3 qualification or above in an identified subject and professional experience
- Have an interest in the rehabilitation and resettlement of offenders
- Have an ability to communicate effectively at all times through different mediums, including spoken and written communication.
- A flexible and responsive attitude
- Enthusiasm for the subject area
- Willingness to innovate and demonstrate self-motivation
- Awareness of and commitment to the promotion of equal opportunities and the recognition of diversity and inclusion
Location: HMP Bronzefield, Woodthorpe Road, Staines, Middlesex (near Heathrow), England