Exciting and rewarding opportunities have arisen at Heysham 2 Power Station to join our highly skilled and motivated Engineering Department. There are a number of vacancies in our different engineering teams requiring qualified Mechanical, Electrical, Control & Instrumentation, Civil, Chemical and Design Engineers.
At Heysham 2 the engineers have a fundamental role in providing a strong technical conscience to the rest of the power station, identifying and escalating risks based on plant performance and developing standards both within and outside the company in order to improve the reliability of the power station plant systems. Some of our opportunities also involve oversight of planned maintenance being completed to schedule and resolving emergent faults in a safe and timely manner.
This advert will close on March 29, 2023
Pay, Benefits and Culture
We’re offering a salary of £40,069 – £71,779 that apply with our terms and conditions covered by the EDF Company Agreement. The starting salary for the appointment will be dependent on your existing salary, competence, experiences and qualification. We also offer an attractive pension scheme along with some great company benefits! This is a full-time position, however we will be happy to discuss options regarding part time flexibility, if you would like to highlight this on your application.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility. We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
Who you are:
- Do have industrial and operational engineering experience?
- Are you an engineer with a drive to identify and resolve risks with a focus on safety, quality, time and cost?
- Do you have the ability to think dynamically, balancing multiple inputs to deliver an optimised output?
- Do you have a track record of delivering improvement projects under demanding operational pressures without impacting quality?
- Do you have experience of working within regulatory requirements such as PSSR (2000), the Nuclear Site License, or other such frameworks?
- Do you have a relevant HNC (or equivalent) – candidates with a relevant degree may have an advantage.
- Would you like to work with other like-minded engineers and technicians to achieve safe, reliable performance of plant systems on a complex Nuclear Power Station?
If this sounds like the job for you, we would be delighted to receive your application.
Join us. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero.