Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
The Employee Services Team Leader is primarily responsible for the delivery of HR administration activities in accordance with agreed governance and controls, cut off periods, policies, and service level agreements. Acting as a “player / coach” this role involves the completion and coordination of HR administration including AskHR cases, Connect Workflows, data quality remediation, and compliance activities.
As a key leadership role in HR Operations success requires an engaging individual who will be responsible for day-to-day line management of team members with a particular focus on capitalising on opportunities to increase global consistency and improve operational delivery in order to provide high quality HR support to the business.
This role partners closely with colleagues across the HR Function (including Payroll, Systems Team, Reward, HRBPs, and Employee Relations) therefore requires a confident communicator who is able to set clear expectations of both team members and stakeholders.
- Ensure employee life cycle events are delivered to agreed quality and within SLA (service level agreement)
- Ensure an equitable allocation of work across team members
- Lead on audits, compliance checks, and data quality remediation activities
- Proactively working to identify and mitigate single points of failure
- Act as a point of contact for operational escalations completing root cause analysis and remediations as necessary
- Work with team members and stakeholders across the wider HR team to identify opportunities to continuously improve our ways of working
- Provide day to day line management to team members including but not limited to; onboarding, quarterly/annual reviews, career conversations, performance conversations, and quality measurement
- Strong focus on GDPR and local data privacy legislation
- Promote the correct and consistent usage of HR technologies within own team and throughout the business
- Work with team members to facilitate deliberate career development opportunities
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with wider stakeholders
- Deputise for other members of the Employee Services Leadership Team as required
- Participate in project work as required
- Previous leadership experience with the ability to manage and prioritise workloads in a high volume and demanding environment
- Strong HR Administration experience ideally from within a shared service or business services environment
- Confident working with HR processes including processing mapping, DTPs, SLAs, and controls frameworks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Experience in building and maintaining strong working relationships with stakeholders at different levels of the organisation
- Fun, team player who works collaboratively for the success of the team
- Ability to remain calm under pressure – seeks support from line manager where required