£32,909 – £35,411 per annum
37 hours per week
Based across Nottingham city
2 x 12-month fixed term contracts
Our property directorate are looking to add 2 suitably qualified and experienced cross trade electricians to our Commercial services department. You will play a key role in delivering routine and emergency electrical repairs, emergency lighting, EICR’s and planned improvements.
- Delivering routine and emergency electrical repairs and planned improvements on a first-time fix basis
- You will also be required to be competent working across a variety of trades and utilise your cross-trade skills where required
- Deliver works in a timely, efficient and safe manner to the highest quality
- Providing high levels of customer service, whether you are working alone, as part of a team or alongside tenants
- You will have the ability to use the necessary power tools and plant safely, as well as the ability to follow all safety procedures on site
- You will also need to demonstrate an organised yet flexible approach and the ability to meet deadlines
- You may be asked to support with the training of our Apprentices and may also be required to attend training courses as and when required
You will hold a current, suitable qualification such as an Electrical City & Guilds or NVQ 3 as well as time served as an electrician with relevant AM1, AM2 and 2391 inspection and testing qualifications, as well as a certificate of competence to carry out work to the 17th edition of IEE regulation.
Naturally, you will have proven experience in a repair, maintenance and contract environment, including assessment and inspection of jobs, document completion and communication with a diverse customer base.
A full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle is required for this post.
Salary and benefits:
In exchange for your hard work you will receive a fantastic benefits package that include:
- Flexible working
- A generous holiday entitlement and additional holiday purchase scheme
- Government pension scheme
- Clear pay structure and annual salary reviews in line with national agreements
- Learning and development opportunities
- A variety of health and well-being initiatives
How do I apply?
To join us and help make a real difference to people’s lives, follow the link: www.jobsatnch.org.uk where you will be asked to submit an up-to-date CV.
Closing date: 15 January 2023 (midnight) – we may close this early if we receive high volumes of applications
Interview date: Likely to be held w/c 09.01.2023 – Please note this is subject to change
We welcome applications from all sections of our diverse community. Nottingham City Homes is a Disability Confident employer.