Salary: £12ph + Increased overtime rates
DRIVER / PERMANENT / MINIMUM 45 HOUR WORKING WEEK PLUS ENHANCED OVERTIME RATES
A world leader in metal recycling, we transport tonnes of material across the globe, we manage a complex worldwide logistics operation. Our fleet of drivers are integral to this, but your part in our global economy is local – you’d need a lot of spare tyres otherwise!
So, that means no long nights or weekends away, save for the additional occasional Saturday morning overtime (paid at an enhanced rate of course). Your role as a driver connects the operations of our friendly local depots with our wide range of valued customers, with distances usually covered close to home.
As a Class 2 driver, you will be transporting material between EMR sites and customer sites. You’ll be a representative of our business on external sites, and an integral part of the team on internal sites. You’ll be driving and operating roll-on roll-off (RORO / hook lift) and skip vehicles.
If you don’t have experience with RORO / skip vehicles, don’t worry, we would still like to hear from you, as we offer in-house training.
We always put safety, customer service, and our environmental responsibilities first, and as a family-owned business, we know that balancing your life at home with time spent at work is always a priority. That’s why we have crafted a package that considers the person behind the steering wheel – one of our core values is ‘We Care’.
This job isn’t a walk in the park; I don’t think any job is! However, you will be rewarded for your hard work and dedication. You will have the latest kit and up to date serviced vehicle with a very striking uniform, (highly visible for your safety of course), but you will also get:
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays. We are driving this up to 24 in 2022 and 25 in 2023, plus each year you will have the option to buy and sell leave
- Annual bonus – each year EMR pays a discretionary bonus to all colleagues based on the year’s performance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Employee Support to include Life Assurance and critical illness pay
- 24/7 Colleague Assistance Programme and Financial Wellbeing Support – access to affordable loans, savings accounts, advanced earned pay, and financial education via salary finance
We do our jobs with humility and humour (at least we think we are funny) and hand in hand with our values of We Care, We Do. As part of EMR, you will have the opportunity to voice your ideas and help shape our Decade of Action.
“What is our Decade Of Action?” You can find out more by clicking on this link. https://uk.emrgroup.com/how-we-operate/sustainability/our-decade-of-action
So what do we need from you? Well, if you have read and stuck with us this long, you are probably on our page. You will need to:
- Hold a Category C (Class 2) license
- Take a methodical approach to work
- Be patient, able to work unsupervised, and stay calm under pressure
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers, and provide a high level of customer service
- Be able to follow instructions, and know when to discuss changes to plans with your line manager
- Be a good communicator, and be able to avoid conflict
- Be able to recognise/anticipate hazardous situations and react accordingly
- Be a morning person (our day starts around 6/7 am but that means you are home in time for tea (or dinner if you are considering a position in the South)
Hours per week: 45