Salary: £18,800 – £23,000
Our people are vital to our success and we’re committed to developing their skills and experience. Our Digital Career Pathways Programme offers individuals the structure and support they need to develop a successful career in IT.
What is a digital pathway?
A digital career pathway is an integrated collection of roles, placements and learning that will lead someoneto a specific role in IT over a period of time. Our pathways will be designed for individuals to learn and grow their skills, knowledge and behaviours in a particular IT discipline.
Who are the pathways aimed at?
These pathways are for individuals who want to work in IT but do not have an IT background or want to begin a career in IT. You’ll have a passion for learning new skills and to continually improve and develop your skills. You’ll be curious about IT, thrive on challenges and want to make an impact in your team and the culture of IT.
What support is provided?
It’s essential to us that we provide you with the support you need to achieve. Each programme offers individuals a tailored development plan. You’ll be given details of the skills you can expect to develop during your apprenticeship and the different methods available to enable you to achieve this. Throughout the programme you’ll have regular 1:1 sessions with your line manager, giving you the opportunity to share your successes and work through specific development areas.
This digital career pathway, influenced by Service Management, is a way to start and advance your career in IT through a series of structured training plans and support programs. The goal of this pathway is to prepare new employees to the Society with a roadmap to progress from a Service Desk Analyst to a Senior ServiceNow Developer. The range of this pathway will cover colleague-facing areas such as the Service Desk and End User Computer beforev progressing on to becoming an accredited Senior Developer using ServiceNow, a market leading Service Management tool.
- Able to drive self-learning
- A willingness to learn, a desire to embrace new technology and is open to a challenge
- Be able to deliver clear and logical documentation for team members and end users to follow
- Able to work under pressure.
- Thorough, with a good attention to detail.
- Deliver to agreed timescales.
- Flexible approach to working hours to meet own objectives and assist colleagues in meeting their objectives.
- Grade A-C (4-9) in Maths and English at GCSE
- Be able to show an interest in IT generally and demonstrate this when asked
- Have a drive and determination to develop and grow
- Be able to manage own time effectively
- Be a team player
- Have the ability to work proactively
- Relevant qualifications e.g. A Levels, BTEC or lower level apprenticeship OR
- Working knowledge in an IT role
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation.As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.
Location: Coventry-Binley Business Park