BM Caterers currently have a vacancy for a Deputy General Manager to join our team. We are looking for an individual passionate about food, service and people management, who is keen to develop their career to a level of operational excellence.
Your duties will include supporting the general manager in all aspects of the administration and operation of the contract to include:
Weekly forecasts and planning staffing levels accordingly
Monitoring and responding to client communications
Working with the head chef and team to ensure food standards are met
Effective management of the site
Daily financial administration to include inputting income, inputting weekly stock take figures and weekly
counting and banking of cash
A “hands on” operational presence during service periods will be essential every day.
Your previous experience will be working at a senior supervisory or deputy/assistant management level in a customer facing role within the corporate contract catering environment, or a high quality commercial operation. Immaculate personal presentation will be essential, as will fluent written and spoken English.
Our team is professional, discreet and efficient. Our business is at the high end of the corporate market – you must meet and exceed the expectations of our patrons and client. You will need to be driven to share your passion, have a strong eye for details and be keen to develop our service standards and our people.
• Monday to Friday working hours available
• Flexible working hours and the potential of condensed shifts
• Free meal provision while on shift
• Training and development opportunities including NVQ apprentice scheme & WSET courses
• 28 days annual leave with an additional day each year up to 33 days
• The opportunity to have your birthday off, every year!
• Discounts and cashback from a wide range of retail and leisure outlets
• The annual BM Caterers Summer party and FOODIES awards. As well as our site-based summer and winter parties.
• Regular team events
• Life assurance and an employee assistance programme
• Cycle2work scheme – upfront loan for the necessary equipment
• Being part of a team that made the ‘Best Companies’ to Work For list 7 years running
Location: Gateway Central Building – White City Place, 255 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 8AZ