Salary: £35,000pa to £38,000pa + great benefits
Shift hours: Part Time
Independents by Sodexo have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Deputy General Manager to join our team at Abingdon School. As Deputy General Manager you will play a key role as you support the General Services Manager and deputise in their absence. Your focus will be to ensure the prompt and efficient preparation and service of all meals whilst maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene of the school. You will effectively manage and motivate the Sodexo catering teams and ensure that exemplary services are provided at the school.
This is a great opportunity to work in a rewarding school environment whilst being part of a world leading food and facilities management company; here we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
This position will suit an experienced Deputy Manager with a passion for food, who is skilled in food delivery and customer experience, is good at situational decision making and has a good eye for detail. You will thrive on a challenge and have strong leadership skills whilst being adaptable to a changing environment. We need an excellent communicator with a passion for innovation.
At Independents by Sodexo pupils’ health and wellbeing is at the root of everything we do. We deliver fresh food to be proud of: food that will sharpen the mind, energise and rejuvenate the body. Our approach is one of partnership, our heritage and inherent family values breathe through our experienced team, empowering a naturally entrepreneurial and agile approach, but always consistently.
This role is subject to Safer Recruitment checks and the successful applicant will be required to complete a DBS.
- Continually monitor all food standards
- Completion of food hygiene and health and safety paperwork
- To ensure compliance with allergen paperwork.
- Implement regular and effective promotions and theme days.
- Work with the GSM in the preparation of the annual Catering Budget.
- Monitor financial performance (e.g. supply chain, sales, labour, expenses, internal issues)
- Work with Hospitality manager to ensure all events are delivered successfully.
- Select, recruit and induct the right team in line with safer recruitment guidelines.
- Develop your people and ensure succession planning.
- Assist the GSM with completion of the unit budgets, forecasts and monthly reporting
- Complete weekly and monthly accounting input to ensure records are up to date
- Ensure cash, stock, debt and assets are correctly controlled
- Strong level of literacy, numeracy and computer literacy
- Experienced business manager who has operated in a multi-site environment
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions and approaches
- Strong ability to increase individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- High level of self-motivation
- Strong ability to build professional partnerships and communicate at all levels, particularly at senior client levels
- Ability to set high standards, achievable through striving for continuous improvement
- Ability to act on own initiative and also to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. This role will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Location: Abingdon, England