Contract type: Permanent
Working hours: We’re open to flexible working hours so whether you’re looking for full time, part time, job sharing or looking for flexible start/finish times, just let us know on your application
Location: Our EIT team can work flexibly from home or the office, balancing the working day with personal commitments, whether that’s personal wellbeing, childcare or interests. The team usually meet up at our office in Gloucester once or twice a month.
Closing date: Tuesday 28th March 2023
Salary: Starting from £80,000 + excellent benefits
EDF have an exciting new opportunity for a Cyber Risk Senior Manager to join the Cyber Security team where you will set up the risk framework and risk tooling from scratch.
Cybersecurity has a fundamental role to play in the success of the EDF UK core mission in helping Britain achieve Net Zero by promoting trust and confidence in the EDF UK brand and the safety of nuclear power, the availability of EDF UK Systems which are critical to the safe and effective nuclear operational excellence, and by protecting the data of our customers and sensitive nuclear information.
The Office of the CISO provides an enterprise-wide strategic direction and a consistent approach amongst EDF UK businesses and facilitates & supports delivery of business units’ transformation programmes. We provide an appropriate level of corporate governance to ensure the upward flow of respective business unit’s risk positions to enable an aggregated pan EDF UK risk position to be formed and understood by senior leadership.
Your role as the Cyber Risk Senior Manager draws together risks from all EDF UK businesses to form an aggregated view of holistic risk, performs oversight and challenge of risk positions to ensure that risks are owned & managed appropriately, and ensures that cyber risk is quantified and understood by senior leadership.
• Define and manage the EDF UK risk and control framework
• Build and maintain EDF UK risk tooling to facilitate risk management
• Work with and challenge businesses to create and maintain appropriate risk registers
• Curate the aggregate risk position across EDF UK businesses and maintain the EDF UK top risks and control statements
• Communicate the aggregated risk position to senior executive stakeholders
• Lead the Cyber Risk Management community of practice to provide alignment and sharing of best practice amongst EDF UK businesses
What we’re looking for…
It’s not just the technical competencies that are important to be successful in this role, the way you carry it out and the behaviours you demonstrate are equally important. We’re looking for great people leaders who trust first, are inclusive in their approach, manage on outputs and who can create empowered teams with ownership and accountability to deliver. In short we need people who recognise the role they play in, and who are committed to, creating great employee experiences and a great place to work.
• You have experience in cyber risk management in a large, complex and regulated environment
• You are able to influence and persuade stakeholders and build strong working relationships built on trust and credibility
• Experience with Cyber risk management and setting up a risk framework from scratch
• You are committed to health, safety, wellbeing and the environment, and carry out your role in a manner that enables us to be a sustainable business – financially, environmentally and socially
It is a requirement of this role that the post-holder either currently holds or can obtain and maintain Security Check (SC) clearance.
For more information about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Stimpson, Senior Security Analyst says: “I owe my career to EDF as I was given the chance to completely retrain in Cyber Security and it is the best thing I ever did. I have a challenging and fulfilling work load with great training and development opportunities, I also appreciate the work life balance and benefits that EDF provide. As a busy working mother, it is invaluable to me that I am able to work flexibly when I need it so I don’t miss my children’s school events. I find the benefits really handy for saving money and I am accumulating voucher points to help with next year’s Christmas presents already! Our ability to work flexibly has allowed us to retain an excellent Analyst who needed to move up North and has provided another Analyst with the means to visit his home country for an extended break without using his entire annual leave balance to do so. EDF has embraced the needs of a modern workforce which makes it an exceptional employer and one I personally couldn’t recommend highly enough.”
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity, inclusion.
We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re an equal opportunity and disability confident employer. If you feel comfortable sharing with us that you have a disability, you meet the minimum criteria for the role, we will guarantee you an interview.
We’ll value the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed and to feel you belong.
• Potential to earn 10% bonus
• Private Health Care
• Increased Flex Fund
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increasing with service up to a maximum of 30 days)
• A defined contribution pension scheme
• Retail discounts and cashback deals
• Healthcare cash plan
• Technology benefits
• Government tax-free childcare
Option to purchase:
• Additional annual leave
• Dental insurance
• Gym membership
• Critical illness insurance
• Personal accident insurance
• Travel insurance
• Car breakdown cover
• Dining card
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.