Aztec West, Bristol, Hybrid, Minimum of 3 days working in the office
Join us as a Contract Manager and you’ll join one of the most exciting and ambitious projects within EDF.
As a Contract Manager you will be supporting the main engineering design contract in place with Edvance in relation to its commercial activities towards Nuclear New Build HPC and supporting contractual, financial, and commercial elements of a group of supplier contracts.
You will be interfacing closely with the Paris based HPC contract management team. This role functionally reports to the Paris-based manager of this team though is supported locally in the UK. It is a core part of the role to work closely with the French team to ensure continuity where the commercial function operates as one team across two locations, with a consistent methodology and level of service for the business.
The organisation is in the middle of a multi-year process to transfer engineering design responsibilities from France to the UK. The commercial support for these works is in also in the process of transferring and has created the opportunity for this role. For the upcoming years, the candidate will need to be flexible in terms of the technical engineering scope areas that they support as part of this migration.
This role sits within Edvance UK, which is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, and is responsible for the design of the nuclear island for the Hinkley Point C (HPC) project. Spearhead of the French nuclear industry, it aims through its objectives and challenges of economic competitiveness and performance, to position itself sustainably in nuclear markets internationally and those of the renewal of the French fleet.
Pay, benefits and culture…
Alongside a competitive salary, depending on experience, we offer a competitive benefits package, including a company pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing…
- Management, coordination, and preparation of annual and intermediary budgets for the HPC teams. Budget implementation and oversight. Budget intervention and update in response to actual financial results. Planning and preparation of task orders – the funding approval for the teams.
- Management and coordination of budget reporting and client feedback on a regular basis.
- Contract management and administration support working closely with the contract management team and any element of the core contracts with the client, HPC. This includes quotation preparation, change management, early warnings, and other contractual events.
- Contract administration and commercial management, in all respects, of the main HPC contract including change management, client interfacing, reporting, and billing.
- Management, coordination, negotiation, and implementation of bespoke procurement contracts covering specific areas not served by the EDVANCE standard framework supply side contracts.
- Development and implementation of commercial strategies to respond to the changing needs of the teams in Aztec West and on site as well as other entities.
- Coordinate with Change, Cost, Risk and Schedule teams to ensure coherent and consistent project progress.
- Planning, preparation, and negotiation of offers as part of an offer team.
- Implementation of all commercial and financial governance requirements.
Who you are…
- Educated to degree level
- Track record with most common Forms of Contract (NEC & FIDIC) within the power construction industry and major projects and programme environment; with knowledge of UK Law and its impact upon the contract and commercial function.
- Demonstrate a considerable track record of administering successful contracts
- Strong commercial skills and demonstrable ability to make sound decisions on matters of significant financial value
- Good understanding of contract performance measurement, risk management and change and claim management
- Effective commercial / contract management skills, with clear knowledge of best practice contract methodologies
- Ability to manage the Contract Life Cycle, in accordance with the contract.
- Able to actively participate in the Risk Management Process and Identify risks and opportunities associated with Contracts
- Demonstrate ability to actively participate in Identification and closeout of potential changes to the contract and provide information to report through the correct change control processes.
- French speaking an advantage
Closing date 11th June 2023.
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.