Communications Manager – Digitas
40 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1JA
Publicis Groupe UK is the UK arm of Publicis Groupe, a global transformation partner to the world’s biggest companies, and one of the world’s largest marketing services group with more than 100,000 employees across 100 countries. In the UK, we have 25 agencies and capabilities including Digitas, Saatchi & Saatchi, BBH, Leo Burnett, Zenith, Starcom, MSL and Taylor Herring. We employ 5,000 people with expertise across the full range of business and marketing transformation services. We have three main offices in the UK in Chancery Lane (Holborn), Television Centre (White City) and Turnmills (Farringdon).
As part of our dedication to create an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Groupe UK is committed to equal access to opportunity for people without regard to race, age, sex, disability, neurodiversity, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
About the comms team
We are an in-house team of 10, soon to be 13, whose job it is to build the reputation of Publicis Groupe UK and our agencies (and capabilities). We have close ties to the global communications team and specialist teams from other areas of the business so there is a good network of communications professionals, and there are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow within the team.
About the role
We’re looking for a communications manager to join the team to lead communications for one of our biggest and brightest agencies, Digitas. With a unique position in the market, Digitas employs 60 data scientists and analysts, 100 media specialists, 40 strategists, 90 technology experts and 40 people in the creative department. The agency is a strategic, creative and delivery partner to its clients including Samsung, BT/EE, Nivea, Formula 1 and Marriott. Digitas’ mission is to harness the power of connections to create positive impact every single day. Digitas’ heritage as a digital first agency means the team are adept in navigating uncertainty, and comfortable in the ever-changing landscape.
This role is 80% external and 20% internal. You’ll be part of the communications team, surrounded by communications professionals, and immersed in Digitas and the agency’s culture as you get to sit with both teams on the days you’re in the office. You’ll build strong relationships of trust with the Digitas leaders and experts and work with them to build Digitas’ reputation among the right audiences, to attract the right clients and talent.
About the candidate
You’ll be a comms professional with lots of energy and ideas, natural gravitas and a track record of developing and delivering communications strategies to achieve results. You’ll be used to working with senior clients/stakeholders and earning your stripes as a trusted adviser. You’re a thinker and a doer, a strong writer, highly organised with experience of working in-house in complex organisations, or working in an agency environment, managing several clients. You’ll have a good news instinct, able to identifies opportunities and come up with new ideas. You’ll have a strong interest in tech, trends and marketing.
Your responsibilities will include
- Develop and deliver strategies to build reputation among target audiences.
- Hands on media relations, pitching features, profile and opinion pieces.
- Build and nurture relationships with target journalists.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders from across the business to build trust and demonstrate the value of communications.
- Write press releases, opinion pieces, reactive statements and Q&As.
- You will lead initiatives and campaigns with support from the head of external comms and others in the team.
- You will proactively source comment and other opportunities for Digitas spokespeople.
- You will identify and secure speaker opportunities and panel opportunities.
- Identify better ways to do things, constantly striving for excellence and efficiency.
- Oversee reporting and evaluation for Digitas comms activity.
- Internal comms support around specific initiatives.
Personal qualities and skills
- Self-starter and proactive, you are happy working independently and taking the lead.
- Organised, meticulous about meeting deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to think on your feet, work in an agile manner and adapt to evolving needs.
- A great communicator and collaborator with people of all levels.
- Engaging, positive with an infectious enthusiasm, someone that people naturally gravitate to and want to work with.
- A team player, with the ability to remain flexible.
- Excellent written English.
- Digitally savvy and passionate about communications.
- Corporate and b2b media relations experience.
If you have any adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.