Satellite Delivery Centre (SDC)/Hinkley Point C (HPC), Bridgwater, Minimum of 3 days based at SDC, with regular visits to HPC .
Do you have experience within Supply Chain and Commercial work?
Join EDF as a Commercial Lead, and you’ll join one of the most exciting and challenging projects within EDF, as we continue to lead the rebirth of nuclear in the UK.
We are looking to recruit a Commercial Lead who will be responsible for managing a commercial team in the successful delivery of all pre and post contract commercial issues relating to a portfolio of contracts on the HPC Project.
As a Commercial Lead you will typically be responsible for a contract(s) up to £2bn in value subject to level of risk or complexity, The Commercial Lead will typically lead a commercial team of up to 10.
Pay, benefits and culture…
Alongside a competitive salary, depending on experience, we offer a competitive benefits package, including a company pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the potential to earn bonus.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing…
- Lead a commercial team of up to 10 to manage a portfolio of contracts and lead the team in setting contracting strategies and appropriate supplier selection
- Lead on a major site installation contract with critical importance for the project
- Procurement phase – leading to ensure that the procurement programme for each contract is aligned to the Integrated Work Schedule & that adequate time is allowed for an effective procurement process leading to contract signature.
- Execution Phase – leading & managing the execution phase of each contract including providing an overview of the individual contracts to ensure compatibility & alignment with other projects including fundamental matters such as: Scope of Work/Services & Associated Programme; Prices & Rates Schedules; Key Personnel & Arrangements for Contract Administration, incentive arrangements.
- Develop commercial strategies relating to high value/high risk items.
- Overall responsibility for Commercial/Delivery based risks from contracted performance of the supplier
- Stakeholder engagement at multiple levels- executives, external bodies and regulators
- Be responsible for the commercial accountability of a major tier 1 Contractor, supporting mobilisation and the installation phase of Works
- Manage the Contract Life Cycle: lead the project commercial team in managing the contract life cycle.
- Understand Performance and review contract information for monthly reporting. With the Programme Manager propose and instigate corrective actions
- Cost Control: lead the team in Identification and closeout of potential changes or claims and report through the correct change control processes, including providing supporting information
- Final Account the Contact: lead the team to apply the principles of the contract to agree final accounts in a timely manner, including resolution of complex issues.
Who you are…
- Educated to degree level
- Member of the CIPS / RICS / CICES / IOB or equivalent professional body.
- Effective commercial/contract management skills, with clear knowledge of best practice contract methodologies.
- Able to demonstrate an extensive track record of working as part of a project senior management team and managing commercial teams and administering successful contracts.
- Highly developed experience of commercial management skills of a major tier 1 contract partner at site and demonstrable ability to make sound decisions on matters of significant financial value.
- Good understanding of procurement, contract performance measurement, risk management and change management.
- Experience with most common forms of contract (NEC & FIDIC) within the power construction industry and major projects, with particular knowledge of UK law and its impact upon the contract function is essential.
- Familiar with the nuclear site licence conditions.
- Good understanding of the UK regulatory framework and international SCM.
- The ability to speak French, would be advantageous.
Closing Date: 18th June 2023
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.