At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
Our 2023 Commercial Graduate Programme includes an opportunity to join our commercial team based from our Tarmac neighbouring Plants located centrally in-between Watford and St Albans in Hertfordshire. This role is commutable from Watford, St Albans, Borehamwood, Hatfield, Hemel Hempstead, Chorleywood, Rickmansworth, London, Luton, Welwyn Garden City, Potters Bar, Amersham, Slough, High Wycombe and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As part of the UK and Ireland Commercial team, you as a Commercial Graduate will participate in our 2-year graduate scheme. This means that you will work as part of our Commercial Teams responsible for understanding trends and identifying market opportunities – smashing your targets and delivering optimum performance. Your role will support the team with new and existing business; whilst also working strategically to ensure sustained business growth. You will play an important role in keeping UK infrastructure moving. An exciting role where you can see the output of your hard work all around you (quite literally!)
Key focus of Commercial Graduate position, not exhaustive:
- Learn about all Commercial aspects, gaining a detailed understanding via a dedicated Tarmac development programme and the CRH international programme
- As a key member of the commercial team, you will have responsibility for measuring and reporting performance, providing industry leading guidance to our business and customers
- Whilst your 2 years will primarily be based from one location, you will then be expected to gain valuable experience in locations across our UK and Ireland Cluster or participate in an exciting international assignment
- Developing an understanding of Tarmac products and our market positioning
- Contribution towards Commercial growth strategy through understanding of challenges and opportunities
- Data analysis and Pricing in an ever developing and forward-thinking market
- Developing an understanding of Commercial processes including marketing and sales
- Strategic Project based work relevant to your chosen destination role – your involvement will improve the way we work and add value to the business
- Nurturing and Building strong relationships with our customers
- Identifying and Targeting new customers to growing our commercial pipeline
- Taking pride in all work completed and being determined to succeed!
Key Operational Colleagues you will liaise with in this role of Commercial Graduate:
- Commercial Team – Finance Optimisation Team – Sales Team – Business Managers – Area Operations teams – HR Area Teams – Industry Bodies – Customers
To be successful for this role the ideal candidate for the position of Commercial Graduate will have, or be able to demonstrate:
- A Degree that you followed your passion in
- Willing to work in different locations across UK and Ireland (and international assignments in the future)
- Organisational, Communication and Analytical skills
- Passionate about working safely
- Motivated and loves a challenge
- Enthusiastic about starting a career in the construction manufacturing and production industry!
Driving Licence – You must hold a full UK manual car driving licence with no more than 6 points.
Salary: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Location: Radlett, Hertfordshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/67621/3954